Luxman L-595A Special Edition finally arrives !!!

I took the plunge for a new L-595 and am looking very forward to having it in the system!

Can this L-595A SE drive speakers like mine or would it run out of steam ?
I remember a guy driving the same speakers as mine with a Sugden IA-4 which is only 33w class A.

Can this L-595A SE drive speakers like mine or would it run out of steam ?
I remember a guy driving the same speakers as mine with a Sugden IA-4 which is only 33w class A.
Pretty sure it would.

Maybe the question is how loud do you want it to play? Just inherently, you could lose some meat on the bones from your brute Diablo 300.
If you have a chance and can afford a merry go round a bit, get one and try. These seem to have pretty good resale….

Pretty sure it would.

Maybe the question is how loud do you want it to play? Just inherently, you could lose some meat on the bones from your brute Diablo 300.
If you have a chance and can afford a merry go round a bit, get one and try. These seem to have pretty good resale….

You said it my Diablo 300 is too brute for my Thiels, i need a much more refined amp with a lot of soul.
Musicality and class A is what Thiel speakers need to sing.
I mostly listen to Blues, Jazz and Folk.

IMHO the 595 would be a side step compared to the Diablo 300, some area's it might be better, in others worse.

As far as solid state integrated amps go, I think the Diablo is close to what you can do (I feel the same about my Moon 700i V2), only bested by the Humboldt that you already tried and maybe a few other "exotics"

I moved from an Aavik U-300 to the Moon 700i V2, I really like the changes that the 700i brought, but have to say that I also sometimes miss the area's where the U-300 excelled.

IMHO the 595 would be a side step compared to the Diablo 300, some area's it might be better, in others worse.

As far as solid state integrated amps go, I think the Diablo is close to what you can do (I feel the same about my Moon 700i V2), only bested by the Humboldt that you already tried and maybe a few other "exotics"

I moved from an Aavik U-300 to the Moon 700i V2, I really like the changes that the 700i brought, but have to say that I also sometimes miss the area's where the U-300 excelled.

Very interesting thanks, that's true the Diablo 300 never runs out of steam no matter how loud you listen.
The problem that bothers me is that it's pretty agressif for my tweeters, it's not a smooth amp at all.
The Luxman will most likely be better in terms of musicality and soul but not for the rest.

You said it my Diablo 300 is too brute for my Thiels, i need a much more refined amp with a lot of soul.
Musicality and class A is what Thiel speakers need to sing.
I mostly listen to Blues, Jazz and Folk.

I don't own the Thiels however I had no problem drove the 87db Harbeth M40.3 XD speakers. Pretty sweet sounding with that combo. Didn't find it was run out of steam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem i have is like imprezap2 said going from a Diablo 300 to a Luxman 595 might be a side move instead of an upgrade or significant improvement.
Mike can you please give us your input about Diablo 300 VS Luxman 595 ?

The only problem i have is like imprezap2 said going from a Diablo 300 to a Luxman 595 might be a side move instead of an upgrade or significant improvement.
Mike can you please give us your input about Diablo 300 VS Luxman 595 ?

Sure. Which speakers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thiel CS 3.7

Neither. To tame that Thiel tweeter, I would go with the AudiaFlight FLS10. It’s so smooth on top, it could even tame any Paradigm or Wilson’s circa 1990’s with those metal inverted dome tweeters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I see that I am almost a year behind the last post in this thread, but am excited to report that my 595ase #275 arrived last week! I'd post a picture, but I seem to be too much of a luddite to figure out how to do it.

I see that I am almost a year behind the last post in this thread, but am excited to report that my 595ase #275 arrived last week! I'd post a picture, but I seem to be too much of a luddite to figure out how to do it.

Congratulations!

You’ll need 10 posts before you can post photos. Welcome to the forum.

Hi Chris. Welcome to AS. Congrats [emoji322]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm curious if any of you fellow 595ase owners pair it with Wilson speakers? I have Harbeth now. Just curious...

Back