New B&O ICE Power 1200AS2 Module @ Nord: 600W into 8Ohms 1200W into 4Ohms

WTH is wrong with the software here? I've tried several times to upload an image or just to edit and when I do nothing happens. Here's what I see at Nord's page for the 1200AS2. I can't even post a pic OR link until after 10 posts? LOL.....guess you'll just have to take my word for it. LOL

On second viewing there are 1200AS2 prices up above in the screen shot I posted, but I guess I didn't think to look there. I did check out his product page and wow looks like he's using even thinner gauge wire for the AC mains internally than I am, so I don't feel bad anymore. Guess I'll leave mine as is with 12AWG...his looks like 14 at most.

Attachments

• nord page.png
    nord page.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 44
WTH is wrong with the software here? I've tried several times to upload an image or just to edit and when I do nothing happens. Here's what I see at Nord's page for the 1200AS2. I can't even post a pic OR link until after 10 posts? LOL.....guess you'll just have to take my word for it. LOL

On second viewing there are 1200AS2 prices up above in the screen shot I posted, but I guess I didn't think to look there. I did check out his product page and wow looks like he's using even thinner gauge wire for the AC mains internally than I am, so I don't feel bad anymore. Guess I'll leave mine as is with 12AWG...his looks like 14 at most.

Yes, you have to get to 10 posts before posting a picture. It’s a rule we have in place to cut down on spammers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

890 euros for an Apollon
https://www.apollonaudio.com/apollon-audio-as1200-class-d-ice-power-based-amplifier/

attachment.php

Attachments

• AS1200-Icepower-Stereo-Amplifier-Apollon-Front.jpg
    AS1200-Icepower-Stereo-Amplifier-Apollon-Front.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates on this yet Phil?

Spoke to Ric yesterday (as well as last Thursday - he called yesterday to see if I saw the updated picture on his website of the inside which he told me he'd do over the weekend). I'm hoping to get a shipping notice today or tomorrow (there is a 3 hour time difference). The pics on the website are of my amp. He corrected the date at the top of the amp page (had 2018 - I told him about it yesterday). He covered his proprietary stuff with a piece of felt in the picture (as described in the caption above it),

By the way, Apollon also has a dual mono 1200AS based amplifier. They list it as multichannel, with 4 channels available. But if one uses only channels 1 and 3 and leave channels 2 and 4 unused, it is the same thing: one channel per module, dual mono. Perhaps there is the option to order without the additional connectors and binding posts, stereo only, but then lose the flexibility of using 4 channels in the future. Anyway, cool 1200W in 4 ohms per channel and complete separation without being monoblocks. Or just buy 2 stereo units and use only 1 channel as a monoblock. :)

https://www.apollonaudio.com/icepower-1200as2-based-class-d-multichannel-hi-fi-amplifier/

attachment.php

Attachments

• As2400-4-channel-1200as2-powered-amplifier-1-isometric-view.jpg
    As2400-4-channel-1200as2-powered-amplifier-1-isometric-view.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 149
anyone used/heard new Bruno Putzey's Purifi 1ET400 amp module?
Does it stack up well to 1200AS2?

Indeed, we thought our MKII NC500 much better than the 1200AS2 though on value they win.
The Purifi 1ET400A is very good has a certain naturalness about it.
We just obtained 20 pre mass production made locally in Denmark prior to large quantaties from far east, they come at a slight premium.
Now live on our website available to order.

It is always a pleasure to see how Apollon assemble their wares, even though in this case it is "just" a board in a case, there is some elegance.

guys,
anyone has done passive bi-amping (so two 1200AS2 stereo modules like the Apollon above + keeping passive crossovers in the speakers + using Y-spliter on the balanced XLR cables with signal out of the preamp) with 1200AS2?
Was the sound quality improvement really audible and worth it?

Please advise, especially if you have actually physically done it and tested one 1200AS2 vs biamped two 1200AS2 on a pair of passive speakers.

thanks

Back