My VPI Avenger Is In The House!

Congratulations on your terrific new tt Mark. Also, I love your homely looking room. It must be a great space to relax, unwind & listen to music! :congrats:

I have my new Avenger home :celebrate008_2:

Today I will be setting it up. It's a gorgeous turntable, built like a tank and almost as heavy.

It was a long wait, but I'm sure it was worth it.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Mark. I like it. looks awesome.

How easy is it to keep the shiny aluminium platter clean?

Mark. I like it. looks awesome.

How easy is it to keep the shiny aluminium platter clean?

Smart question!

Actually when I got the TT home the platter was not this shiny. I bought some Mothers Wheel Polish and a cloth, then went about polishing the platter by hand.

It will show fingerprints very easy, so I'm very careful to not touch the side of the platter when placing the record on it, or taking it off

Other than that, it stays pretty clean. I plan on a little touch up every once in a while. Overall I'm glad I gave it a shine!!

Very nice Mark.

Do you use a mat or anything under the record when you play it?

Joe, I don't use a mat. I know some people like them, but I've never used one on my VPI tables,

The waxes and wheel polish products work great on the TT platters for a great shine but I noticed the dust and static build up was 2 or 3 times faster....I started using this stuff http://www.brillianize.com/ and works excellent on any shiny or hard surface, even though its primarily for acrylics and such it works great on hard metal surfaces......its quick, easy to use, anti-static formula and the dust build up is much less over a period of time.

The waxes and wheel polish products work great on the TT platters for a great shine but I noticed the dust and static build up was 2 or 3 times faster....I started using this stuff http://www.brillianize.com/ and works excellent on any shiny or hard surface, even though its primarily for acrylics and such it works great on hard metal surfaces......its quick, easy to use, anti-static formula and the dust build up is much less over a period of time.

That stuff is something else, we use it on the bright metal on our cars, never thought about it for the VPI platter.

Back