MBL 101e MK2

Mike
Any update on your 101 MK II's ? How have they been received by your customers?

A few updates:

- Jeremy from MBL (he’s been with them 20 years!) spent a few days with me earlier in the month. We worked on setup. Fairly straight forward, but we made some nice improvements. We discussed a lot about the various products, setup, features, etc. Great dealer training session.
- I added ISOAcoustic Gaia 1’s as experiment under the MBL 101e mk2’s and they improved focus and midrange clarity. Tightened up the bass too. They’re staying.
- The MBL mono amps made a big difference. The pass was not a good fit. The others were ok, but none better than MBL’s own amps for their speakers.
- Yesterday the MBL preamp and CD Player/DAC/Roon Renderer arrived. The Roon card will be sent separately soon, but the slot is there. Huge jump in dynamics and clarity and focus again. I was using the Chord DAVE as a DAC/Preamp preciously. Great piece, but again, MBL preamp/Source just a better fit for their speakers.
- The MBL remotes are sexy as hell! A joy to use.

The MBL system is sounding incredible right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshxbFL5QPM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy in our audio club has MBL, speakers.... I think the 111 or something like that. MBL pre and mono blocks. He has been talking about trading the speakers in for the 101s. There may be a dealer coming to LA soon... not sure. Otherwise, he can't find a dealer where he can audition them.

A buddy in our audio club has MBL, speakers.... I think the 111 or something like that. MBL pre and mono blocks. He has been talking about trading tge speakers in to the 101s. There may be a dealer coming to LA soon... not sure. Otherwise, he can't find a dealer.

Ah hmmm....tell him to give me a call. I wish you could all hear what I’m hearing.

A few updates:

- Jeremy from MBL (he’s been with them 20 years!) spent a few days with me earlier in the month. We worked on setup. Fairly straight forward, but we made some nice improvements. We discussed a lot about the various products, setup, features, etc. Great dealer training session.
- I added ISOAcoustic Gaia 1’s as experiment under the MBL 101e mk2’s and they improved focus and midrange clarity. Tightened up the bass too. They’re staying.
- The MBL mono amps made a big difference. The pass was not a good fit. The others were ok, but none better than MBL’s own amps for their speakers.
- Yesterday the MBL preamp and CD Player/DAC/Roon Renderer arrived. The Roon card will be sent separately soon, but the slot is there. Huge jump in dynamics and clarity and focus again. I was using the Chord DAVE as a DAC/Preamp preciously. Great piece, but again, MBL preamp/Source just a better fit for their speakers.
- The MBL remotes are sexy as hell! A joy to use.

The MBL system is sounding incredible right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshxbFL5QPM

Wow Mike! I am hearing significant improvement from your original video. The sound is more relaxed and musical. The break in of the speakers, the isolation and tweaking of position have done the trick.

Best,
Ken

Are the the plants real? Do they have an acoustic purpose or just aesthetics?

Are the the plants real? Do they have an acoustic purpose or just aesthetics?

If you read the MBL set-up instructions, they suggest placing objects like that behind the speakers. They are actually shown in the diagrams. I had one in each corner when I owned 111F's.

A friend had a pair of MBL 101e MK2 and found Bryston 28B SST2 best match comparing to many amps including MBL. Mike, have you tried Bryston 28B SST3 with your 101e?

A friend had a pair of MBL 101e MK2 and found Bryston 28B SST2 best match comparing to many amps including MBL. Mike, have you tried Bryston 28B SST3 with your 101e?

Not yet. What MBL amps did he try? The Noble
Series monos are just perfect.

I think it was 9008A mono ... was 5+ years ago. He was surprised Bryston best match. I'll be interested in your experiment.

Not yet. What MBL amps did he try? The Noble
Series monos are just perfect.

You have mentioned that the N15 monoblocks are, to date, the ideal match for the 101e Mk IIs. Seems like mbl have been able to extract the best out of the Hypex modules used in the N15s.

How about the Gryphon (Colloseum) or even the Luxman monos?

You have mentioned that the N15 monoblocks are, to date, the ideal match for the 101e Mk IIs. Seems like mbl have been able to extract the best out of the Hypex modules used in the N15s.

How about the Gryphon (Colloseum) or even the Luxman monos?

The Gryphon was ok on the MBL’s. The Luxman I haven’t tried.

Back