Cord Cutting Options

Cord cutting is difficult if you watch a lot of sports.

Cord cutting is difficult if you watch a lot of sports.

Haven’t found anything I can’t get now that I used to get with Frontier. I’m not much of a football guy (way too much standing around - like baseball). I will watch the playoffs or superbowl. During the season, I only watch hockey really. A real sport! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, youtube tv is an app you download onto the Apple TV 4K. So
Is amazon prime, Netflix, etc. The Apple TV search function will search everything at once. The dictation is great.

Is Apple TV 4K hardware to buy? I am thinking of cutting my cable TV since I rarely watch it. I do need the cable line for Internet access.

Is Apple TV 4K hardware to buy? I am thinking of cutting my cable TV since I rarely watch it. I do need the cable line for Internet access.

Yes. A small box, maybe 3x3x1?

Very simple and yes cables enhance video and sound [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A side benefit is you can have YOUTUBE TV on all your devices. Watch loads of channels on your phone while waiting for the wife or something.

I’m gonna look into YouTube tv. Cable needs to go, I’m sick and tired of getting ripped off by them knowingly year after year.

I’m gonna look into YouTube tv. Cable needs to go, I’m sick and tired of getting ripped off by them knowingly year after year.

I suggest getting a single Apple TV 4K 32GB and subscribe to YouTube TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime. Download the YouTube TV app to your phone to easily set the shows to record (that’s the only way to skip the commercials). It’s literally as easy as typing in the show name and then clicking the plus sign. With YouTube TV on your phone, your channels are mobile.

Once you lived with it for a month, than you can cut the cord with confidence.

I’ve found the picture quality better than cable to boot.

I suggest getting a single Apple TV 4K 32GB and subscribe to YouTube TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime. Download the YouTube TV app to your phone to easily set the shows to record (that’s the only way to skip the commercials). It’s literally as easy as typing in the show name and then clicking the plus sign. With YouTube TV on your phone, your channels are mobile.

Once you lived with it for a month, than you can cut the cord with confidence.

I’ve found the picture quality better than cable to boot.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. Already have 2 AppleTV’s at home and subscriptions to Netflix, Prime and AppleTV+. Somehow I never look into YouTube TV. [emoji51]

Haven’t found anything I can’t get now that I used to get with Frontier. I’m not much of a football guy (way too much standing around - like baseball). I will watch the playoffs or superbowl. During the season, I only watch hockey really. A real sport! [emoji6]

I have DirecTV which has tons of out of town sports which I need since I follow the NY teams but live outside Philly. Plus, it has the NFL Sunday ticket for football fans.

I agree with your comments about Apple TV. Not only does it get all the apps but the picture and audio quality are great. I much prefer it to my Roku.

I've had the antenna thing for about three years. Picture quality is way better than any compressed cable company. The part I like most is it is a one time cost. Paid $350 for the antenna and install never paid a dime since. I get my local channels this way. I also you get my American feed for Super Bowl. If you are considering this option make sure you can receive ASTC 3.0 as the standard is just upgrading.
I also have a Roku stick which I recommend. My daughter had the apple tv in her room I find the Roku a sharper picture than the apple.

I wanted to make a change but can’t pencil it out or balance the benefits to push out cable and cutting the cord to me means lowering the monthly cost.

I would love to save $100 per month and not be limited, and up to $200 per month with other non related subscriptions I have that are not needed.

YouTube TV is $50.00 per month and Netflix I’m thinking is around $12-15.00 on a family pack, Prime is included as part of their delivery service.

Now add in Internet and the cost seems to be a push.

Plus side on cable it is more reliable from uptime to not loading - both have voice commands now and the new XFinity X1 boxes have Netflix and Prime apps plus more.

I really want the attic mount antenna option to bring down the cost to the antenna itself with no reoccurring charges, just don’t know how it feeds 3 TVs without losing signal strength.

I wanted to make a change but can’t pencil it out or balance the benefits to push out cable and cutting the cord to me means lowering the monthly cost.

I would love to save $100 per month and not be limited, and up to $200 per month with other non related subscriptions I have that are not needed.

YouTube TV is $50.00 per month and Netflix I’m thinking is around $12-15.00 on a family pack, Prime is included as part of their delivery service.

Now add in Internet and the cost seems to be a push.

Plus side on cable it is more reliable from uptime to not loading - both have voice commands now and the new XFinity X1 boxes have Netflix and Prime apps plus more.

I really want the attic mount antenna option to bring down the cost to the antenna itself with no reoccurring charges, just don’t know how it feeds 3 TVs without losing signal strength.

I've been doing some research as well, trying to eliminate Spectrum Cable TV. Going through all of my wife's channels and my channels. I want Live TV, for the local news especially during hurricane season as I live to close to the ocean . Looking at Mikes suggestions, but a few channels are not in the package, so I guess its a $4.99 a month add for History Channel and youTube WENT UP TO $50-55.00 a month. So its still research.

I come about even by cutting the cord and choosing YouTube TV and HBO Go. But I no longer have a long term subscription and I can pause/stop any service at any time. I hated paying rent forever for old boxes without having a choice.

It appears it doesn’t work on a TV.

“Ustvgo.tv is a website made for computer, mobile, and tablet. So it may not works or not working very well on other devices. We recommended you to use it on a computer with a Google Chrome browser.”

https://ustvgo.tv/faq/

It appears it doesn’t work on a TV.

“Ustvgo.tv is a website made for computer, mobile, and tablet. So it may not works or not working very well on other devices. We recommended you to use it on a computer with a Google Chrome browser.”

https://ustvgo.tv/faq/
I've never tried it on a TV. I use my Mac mini which us connected to my TV. If not directly from a TV then perhaps mirror it from another device to a TV will work.

Here’s a reverse question on sticking with cable

I had my Apple TV running through Oppo HDMI In the Oppo HDMI out to the TV

It connected with adapters your the Pre and also digital to the DAC

I really like the sound of 2 channel but could never get the voice to be identical the image - it was so bad I ripped it all out and debating a simple sound bar and out of room cable box with long cable runs

Thoughts?

Back