Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Hi all,
luckily I received a mainz8 dtc to test from a dealer by courier.
is it normal that there seem to be moving things sound like balls inside the the Mainz? Or is there something broken? The outer box looked ok when unboxing. Than I took the Mainz out and realized the sound of moving balls when I lifted it carefully. Unfortunately in Europe the shop / dealer already closed.
any comments is the sound of rolling / moving balls when carrying the mainz8 dtc normal?
thanks
ollie

Hi all,
is it normal that there seem to be moving things sound like balls inside the the Mainz? Or is there something broken? The outer box looked ok when unboxing. Than I took the Mainz out and realized the sound of moving balls when I lifted it carefully. Unfortunately in Europe the shop / dealer already closed.
any comments is the sound of rolling / moving balls when carrying the mainz8 dtc normal?
thanks
ollie
No it isn't normal. But there are ceramic bearings in the unit used for de-coupling.
attachment.php

Hi all,
thanks
ollie

Hi Ollie,

It sounds to me as if one or more of those ceramic ball bearings inside the unit may have dislodged and is now rolling around inside. Does not sound quite right to me. Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear all,
thanks for your helpful comments.
meanwhile spoke to the dealer. Ansuz will organize a pickup and send me a new one.
best ollie

Has anyone experiences with focal utopia speakers? I read some reviews of the scala evo, sounded interesting.... seems that they remarkably improved ...although I guess everyone here has raidhos��
maybe i will audition them in near future

Has anyone experiences with focal utopia speakers? I read some reviews of the scala evo, sounded interesting.... seems that they remarkably improved ...although I guess everyone here has raidhos��
maybe i will audition them in near future
I'm not familiar with the Utopia's but to me the Sopra's are great. The Utopia's could be a world better - I just don't know because I never heard them. Personally I prefer the Raidho D series over the the Sopra's. But that's just me. The one thing Focal's have over Raidho is Dynamics. I have ordered Borresen 03's to overcome that.

Recently I replaced a Ansuz Signals X with a A2. This was a noticeable upgrade. When the A2 was on order I had a Pom on loan. To be honest I like the X series Signals over the Pom series.

Hello,
now new mainz8 dtc arrived and is burning in��������
its such an improvement to my system...
i wonder whether it would make sense to buy an extra dtc power box, although no d2 or dtc interconnects so far.
has anyone experiences with the effect of just adding the plain power box? It seems it contains lots of sparkz....
thanks for your comments
best ollie

Do you still have your Mainz8 d2 Ollie?

If so, connect that to the Mainz8 DTC and see if you can hear difference.

Many positive comments online from people who have tried this.

Do you still have your Mainz8 d2 Ollie?

If so, connect that to the Mainz8 DTC and see if you can hear difference.

Many positive comments online from people who have tried this.

Istill have it for a few days left but finally need to trade in for getting the dtc.

Hello,
now new mainz8 dtc arrived and is burning in👌😎😎🙏
its such an improvement to my system...
i wonder whether it would make sense to buy an extra dtc power box, although no d2 or dtc interconnects so far.
has anyone experiences with the effect of just adding the plain power box? It seems it contains lots of sparkz....
thanks for your comments
best ollie
Hi Ollie.

Glad you like your Mainz 8 DTC!.
Regarding the DTC powerbox.. It works parallel in your system. Just by plugging in the box you'll experience more of what you've already gotten by implementing the Mainz 8 DTC in your system. If you're planing on upgrading to any of the ansuz cables that requires the power box then it would be a great move!

Has anyone compared the old D8 power distributor to the current series 2 power distributors?

I have an old Mainz8-D which i've been meaning to compare to my new 2-series D distributor but just haven't had the time to do so.

Ansuz reckon the new A2 distributor is significantly better than the old Mainz8-D. I originally purchased the Mainz8-D to replace a Nordost QBase distributor.

I have an old Mainz8-D which i've been meaning to compare to my new 2-series D distributor but just haven't had the time to do so.

Ansuz reckon the new A2 distributor is significantly better than the old Mainz8-D. I originally purchased the Mainz8-D to replace a Nordost QBase distributor.

Then new A2 is about in the same price range as the old D8. Before I would replaces my D8 I'd first buy some P2 speakers cables. Right now I still use AudioQuest. Most my Ansuz cables are still series 1.

Then new A2 is about in the same price range as the old D8. Before I would replaces my D8 I'd first buy some P2 speakers cables. Right now I still use AudioQuest. Most my Ansuz cables are still series 1.
Personally I would start replacing your power cables with V2 before speaker cables. When I upgraded my original ceramic with the V2 ceramic the difference was very significant. When I replaced my original Nordost Frey speaker cable to the original ceramic the difference was very minor. That difference was not in tonality but in openness. Very minor. When I replaced the original ceramic speaker cable the the ceramic V2 it was a bigger improvement than going from the Nordost to Ansuz. Also the V2 speaker cable took quite a while to break in (several weeks). That said going from the original speaker cable to the V2 was not as significant as as the power cord.

That was my experience.

Are your Audioquest 88 rocket speaker cables damaged or no longer fit for purpose – perhaps for example, not being long enough for a new system layout?

All things being equal, based on my experience, I would suggest you leave the AQ speaker cables in place (if they do the job) and prioritize spending elsewhere. Personally, I would get a new C2 Mainz cable from the mains outlet to the Mainz8-D and move the existing Ansuz C [still a really great cable BTW] to feed the Octave pre-amp or the Aurender A10 streamer. Do that and I think you will really smile. :D

Can you borrow a C2 cable from your local dealer to try it in your system?

Also, where is your Mainz8-D currently located? If it’s sitting on the floor [a major no-no] can you get a small platform under it? That would be another and this time relatively low cost upgrade IMHO.

Are your Audioquest 88 rocket speaker cables damaged or no longer fit for purpose – perhaps for example, not being long enough for a new system layout?

All things being equal, based on my experience, I would suggest you leave the AQ speaker cables in place (if they do the job) and prioritize spending elsewhere. Personally, I would get a new C2 Mainz cable from the mains outlet to the Mainz8-D and move the existing Ansuz C [still a really great cable BTW] to feed the Octave pre-amp or the Aurender A10 streamer. Do that and I think you will really smile. :D

Can you borrow a C2 cable from your local dealer to try it in your system?

Also, where is your Mainz8-D currently located? If it’s sitting on the floor [a major no-no] can you get a small platform under it? That would be another and this time relatively low cost upgrade IMHO.

My AQ Rocket 88 is in perfect condition. The people at AQ really did me a great service. A long time ago I bought a pair of 7meters long AQ Rocket 88. But recently due to my new Octave amps I didn't need 7 meter. My dealer (he is a dealer for AQ, Crystal Cable, Shunyata and Ansuz) sent my AQ to AQ to have it cut up in a 4m and a 3m pair. AQ send me a brand new 3m pair and a brand new 4m pair for almost no cost.

The Mainz8-D is sitting in my SolidSteel audio rack. My next investment will be a Rack of Silence 4 with 2 boards, one for my TT and one for the Mainz, pre amp power supply and TT power supply.

I'll think about the C2. But I also would like to upgrade my no brand Ethernet cable. I need about 4 to 5 meter. Thinking about buying two converters so I can use fiber optic Ethernet.

Seen here is the new Ansuz Acoustics D.TC SUPREME power cord which was recently informally demonstrated in Viet Nam.

To be formally unveiled at the Munich show in May, D-TC SUPREME will undoubtedly prove to be another milestone in the D-TC family. Lars Kristensen, CEO of Ansuz Acoustics (Denmark), promises that this together with the broader DTC SUPREME range will be mind-blowing.

I know of one enthusiastic AS forum member who will shortly receive his SUPREME power cord …. And no, sadly its not me.

Ansuz-D-TC-Supreme-Power-Cord.jpg

Ansuz-DTC-Supreme-power-cord.jpg

Photos: Ansuz Acoustics (Denmark) D-TC Supreme power cord and housing

Seen here is the new Ansuz Acoustics D.TC SUPREME power cord which was recently informally demonstrated in Viet Nam.

To be formally unveiled at the Munich show in May, D-TC SUPREME will undoubtedly prove to be another milestone in the D-TC family. Lars Kristensen, CEO of Ansuz Acoustics (Denmark), promises that this together with the broader DTC SUPREME range will be mind-blowing.

I know of one enthusiastic AS forum member who will shortly receive his SUPREME power cord …. And no, sadly its not me.

Ansuz-D-TC-Supreme-Power-Cord.jpg

Ansuz-DTC-Supreme-power-cord.jpg

Photos: Ansuz Acoustics (Denmark) D-TC Supreme power cord and housing

Is the retail pricing already known, guess it will be USD 30000,- +

Back