What "Other" Hobbies Do You Enjoy?

Here is the readers digest version:

I have worked with people In the music industry for the past 33 years. I buy all the "souvenirs" they have acquired over the course of their careers (Gold Records, Autographed Guitars etc) and I find new homes for the ones I don't want. Over 9000 Gold Records to date and counting. You can check out my spoils on the Facebook page RIAA AWARD COLLECTORS.

I have a collection of over 5000 NFL Football games on DVD going back to the early 1970's...many complete with all commercials. I had Hundreds of games from the 1970's/Early 80's (On VHS) smuggled out of the CBS Vaults in New Jersey.

I am an avid Fantasy Football Player. Need to fill a spot in a competitive online draft league? Send me a PM with details.

I have lots of Stereo Equipment that I have never used or taken out of the sealed boxes. Its neater that way.

I collect Homeless (Feral) Cats and try to domesticate them.

In the past....I owned a Baseball Card/Comic Book store in the 1980's located on the infamous Route 9 (Born To Run) in New Jersey.

Wow. Lots of interesting stuff there. No wonder you’re an audio enthusiast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm also into cycling (100+ mi/wk), table tennis (intermediate player), and pickleball (novice). I also spend a lot of time studying personal finance/investing. High-end audio is my meditation.

I like cycling too!

Here is one of my road bikes

9f5900dac205f8db5f1f6368159505bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Outdoors: Hiking, Mountaineering, Ocean Kayaking and Nordic Skiing.

Indoors: Jazz Guitar (Charlie Byrd Style) and Indoor Rock Climbing.

Ken

Boating and fishing over the last few years but I just sold my boat since everything is catch and release here in Tampa Bay due to the red tide problems as of late.
I travel a lots with the wife and have done lots of nature photography. 2 trips to Africa and 2 trips to Antarctica are the highlights. I even owned my own camera store and photo lab back in Marietta Ga. for over 15 years.
I have done the saltwater fish tank and RC airplanes bit. Also dabbled with golf and tennis till I ripped both rotators. I love hobbies......never bored.
Music and guitar playing were my first hobbies and most consuming and enduring.
Used to love playing chess and collecting coins and stamps as a youngster......yep I was on the nerdy side.

Walking and still "some" shooting. Use to do IDPA, USAPA, and 3-Gun (Tactical) but the eyes are getting older now ...

What "Other" Hobbies Do You Enjoy?

Also do some cycling...

f78022ed34f2cd4e03f3d24b70252043.jpg

7ccfbba6f25085373ad2a226432831a2.jpg
5f9014660a0d95aaa7ba82122af4dd77.jpg
c0cf154dee78cf1d1ba570c87ee66734.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: What "Other" Hobbies Do You Enjoy?

Disc brakes just make sense, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It’s a super bike for all terrain and conditions, really nice to ride.

Wanted to have a gravel bike to have the flexibility to ride where I fancy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pandemic stopped my martial arts hobby (hopefully it will resume soon). In the meantime, I took up shooting firearms at the range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took some sailing lessons before COVID and I hope to resume them in the Spring. Looking forward to some terrific Nordic Skiing this coming Winter.

Ken

Outdoors: Hiking, Mountaineering, Ocean Kayaking and Nordic Skiing.

Indoors: Jazz Guitar (Charlie Byrd Style) and Indoor Rock Climbing.

Ken

Golf with a shotgun (Sporting Clays), more of my passion actually.

As a 3rd generation and lifelong railroader some collecting has gotten in my blood, my cigar ashtray I made from a spent locomotive piston and part of my lantern collection .....

Attachments

• IMG_0126  RR lanterns.jpg
    IMG_0126 RR lanterns.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 162
  • piston ash tray.JPG
    piston ash tray.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 163
I’m always impressed with the sheer size of those locomotive pistons.

Ken

Kelly says my hobby is collecting hobbies! So here goes:

Downhill Skiing
Backcountry skiing, on and off trail.
Backpacking
Mountain biking
Road (now mostly gravel) biking
Amateur Radio - Extra Class since ‘73
Astronomy
Small boat sailing
Fishing (Trout out West. Walleye, Northern in WI/MN. A fly-in trip every year)
Kayaking and canoeing
Electronics
Audio

I’m sure I missed a few. :)

Back