What are you listening to tonight ?

Not that it has anything to do with this album in particular, but I'm amazed at what these Klipsch RP-8000F's do for piano. Very convincing with proper body and dynamics.

43dfop-mozartmome-preview-m3.jpg

Brand new Patricia Barber. Pre-purchase for US customers this weekend only (at Native DSD), 2 months prior to release. I purchased the DSD512. It is actually available in DSD1024 if you have that capability!

Clique.jpg

is it not appealing, that summer feeling?

grilling and chilling with an album to fit the weather ... the fun quotient of this one is off-the-charts !!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 2.11.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 2.11.55 PM.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 211
Soldier on by di-rect. Track is only available on 1 album on Qobuz/Tidal: “538 hitzone - best of 2020”

In my country this song did reach the nr 1 position for a long time, and instantly it reached p12 in the top 2000 chart of best songs all time

I have seen Al Stewart 3 times in concert. He is a big history buff, used to play guitar in Yoko Ono's band (I know, I know) and has some pretty cool stories about the Beatles. If I remember correctly he wrote YOTC (the song) at the last minute at the request of the record company. It's a great album.

Tonight I am listening to some blues by Mighty Sam McClain, Hotel California, Joss Stone and will wrap it up with Yes, Close to the Edge. The first time I heard Close to the Edge was equivalent to the first time I heard Dark Side of the Moon. This doesn't really relate to this thread but I will tell this story anyway.... I was and still am a big Deep Purple fan. I went to see them at Tampa Stadium when Smoke on the Water first came out. They rocked the crap out of the house. The opening act was ZZ Top, the year was (I think) 1973.

Back