VK-32

Chris

I would give the Brimar labeled Matsushita's a shot and see what you think. I don't know if the BAT's are like the SF preamps that also used six 6922's, but with them the changing the middle row of tubes made up most of the change in the sound profile. Apparently only Viktor would know the answer and really not surprised as to the non-committal answer you got from the other source.

I have talked to Victor before to see if it was worth upgrading to a VK-52se or 32se from my 51se and he did not think it would be a significant upgrade. He is honest. I am not surprised that he did not recommend swapping tubes as designers seem to be pretty protective of their gear.

Glad to see you like the VK-33. Have fun tube rolling.

Chris

I would give the Brimar labeled Matsushita's a shot and see what you think. I don't know if the BAT's are like the SF preamps that also used six 6922's, but with them the changing the middle row of tubes made up most of the change in the sound profile. Apparently only Viktor would know the answer and really not surprised as to the non-committal answer you got from the other source.

By "middle row"; I assume you mean, the 5881s in the power-supply...not the middle, of the 6922s??

Chris

With the SF's the different rows of the 6922's have different functions and have a different impact on the sonic signature. Not sure if that applies to BAT preamps or not. See what Viktor says may not apply to his gear.

Correct. Chris I have read pretty much all I can find on the BAT and can't find any info to indicate if one pair of tubes is for a different purpose than the others like with some. So there may not be a short cut.

Back