Time to say goodbye ........

Dave .... congrats on your retirement! Enjoy it in good health. Which railroad did you work for. I used to cover the Class 1 RRs as an equity analyst back in the 2002-2008 timeframe.

Cyril, I hired out(while still in College) for the Penn Central Railroad, 4-1-74. I'm finishing up my career in the Shortline side of the industry with GVT Rail System ( Custom Freight Rail & Transloading | Genesee Valley Transportation )

Congrats. Enjoy your time.

to a 47 year Railroad career that is.

As a third generation railroader my time has come to retire at months end. With vacation time left to burn this coming Wed will be my last day as I turn my company car over, in what might be a Nor'easter snow storm, only fitting !

So as we say in the rail industry, 'pull the pin and head into the sunset'. Hopefully the next chapter will be as rewarding as the past 47 years.........

Congratulations Dave , and enjoy your retirement in good health and much music listening.

That’s a big deal Dave; huge congratulations! Yes, it’s the end of a career but the beginning of the next chapter. Take care of yourself, enjoy the ride and the music. You’ve earned it!

Huge congrats!! Have a happy, healthy, retirement. It'll be 5 years for me this coming Tuesday. Seems like yesterday. Wish I could slow time down just a little (except for the pandemic).

Very cool Dave. Well like everyone else is saying enjoy the next chapter in good health and with lots of music [emoji106][emoji109][emoji898][emoji322][emoji324]

+1

PS - Cyril, Great to see you posting again. It’s been a while! Hope all is well.

Thanks George, I was somewhat amazed as to how long it took me to adjust, probably 8 months or so !

Mark, LOL most retirees have told me the same but I admit after 47 years it was tough to say goodbye. I was blessed, I loved my career/job !

Mark, LOL most retirees have told me the same but I admit after 47 years it was tough to say goodbye. I was blessed, I loved my career/job !

I was an Engineer......lots of time away from home, don't miss it at all. Had some great memories though!

I was an Engineer......lots of time away from home, don't miss it at all. Had some great memories though!

Understood, my brother retired after 36 years as a 'throttle jockey' and he felt the same way. After my first five years in Operations I spent the rest of my career in Mg'mt.

Understood, my brother retired after 36 years as a 'throttle jockey' and he felt the same way. After my first five years in Operations I spent the rest of my career in Mg'mt.

Congratulations Dave. I retired 11 years ago and I still don't know when I found time to work, because I'm always busy. The secret is to have some hobbies, which I know you do.

Back