Souping up the Audeze LCD 3's

I agree that cables have a limited amount of improvements in my view also. Therefore I find that the Moon Blue or Black dragon work just fine versus the expense of the silver (I haver had a silver in the past).

With your Bryston you should notice a big difference using a balanced cable although. The BHA-1 only uses half of its amplifier circuits with the SE connection and engages the entire amplifier with using a balanced cable.

Oh yes with the Bryston a little extra power on Bal, ** and that really makes the 800s and my 820s and the HE6V11 work. But the LCD-3, the pads made the biggest difference if bal is utilized maybe its was a comfort thing.

** The big advantage of using the balanced outputs on the BHA1 is the doubling in output voltage, as you have two class A amplifiers driving the output rather than one. This doubling in voltage actually results in a 4 times increase in power, since power is proportional to voltage squared.

This applies to both the 3-pin XLR connectors and the 4-pin XLR connect.

I am a tad torn. If someone wanted them at pretty much my price I would sell. I am thinking about maybe keeping them. A very nice alternative to my Abyss.

I have actually gotten rid of my LCD-3's. They were a very nice headphone but I very much preferred my Abyss. I was using them at work, but honestly they were quite bulky for work. I have a pair of Audeze Euclid's coming (probably today) as my portable pair for use with the Astell&Kern. I guess the Euclid's are very hard to find... most dealers sold out, Audeze on back order, etc. I prefer to not carry my $4000 Abyss headphones to work every day which I actually had been doing before getting the LCD-3's.

I did have a pair of LCD-i4's before which were a nice sounding ear buds; I simply did not like the design and ear hook things to hold them in place. I think the Euclid with the more conventional design should work better.

Randy-

Best of audiophile bliss with your new headphones. It's amazing how many factors go into our decisions along this road and how one size will not fit all. Discussions like this certainly aid to narrow the choices.

Currently working on the headphone cable v2.

Enjoy the Sounds

John

Randy-

Best of audiophile bliss with your new headphones. It's amazing how many factors go into our decisions along this road and how one size will not fit all. Discussions like this certainly aid to narrow the choices.

Currently working on the headphone cable v2.

Enjoy the Sounds

John

It's amazing how many factors go into our decisions along this road and how one size will not fit all.
So very true when it comes to the headphones themselves. Our hearing and comfort level ( weight & band pressure, ear pads shape and comfort and type of ear pads) plays a huge part.

Back