Sonus faber Il Cremonese

• Thread starter Thread starter mauidan
  • Start date Start date
New and better quality photo
5d4fdab7c487b72b992953915a5f36db.jpg

Wow, stunning system photo. What a beautiful setup, I love it.

With less than 40hrs of use
I can advance in saying that they are the best speakers I had in my life

Hi Nelson,
Any updates on the sound for us? What qualities do you hear that make you say they're the best speakers you've had? I'm personally intrigued by this model and very interested on how it might compare to other current "hot" speakers up to the $50-$60K price range.
Tom

Hola Tom,
I don't have much to say because
I took a whole week vacationing with my family but I was only thinking on my girls , hahahah

My next update will be with 80hrs of use

But I'm in SF heaven
Right now there is no speaker in my head no matter the price that can outperform my Cremonese

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I'm so happy for you that you listened to me. ARC and SF for life :)

Hola Tom,
I don't have much to say because
I took a whole week vacationing with my family but I was only thinking on my girls , hahahah

My next update will be with 80hrs of use

But I'm in SF heaven
Right now there is no speaker in my head no matter the price that can outperform my Cremonese
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have me salivating!! I'll look forward to your next update. Thanks Nelson!
Tom

I've got over 400 hours on mine and they seem to be getting better every day. Every aspect in audiophile terminology is there in spades. I know they are expensive, but at $45K, they are a bargain for what they do!

I've got over 400 hours on mine and they seem to be getting better every day. Every aspect in audiophile terminology is there in spades. I know they are expensive, but at $45K, they are a bargain for what they do!

I notice that you're using subwoofers- is this just for use in cinema mode listening, or do you also use them for two channel music listening as well? How would you describe the low frequency extension on their own? Given that they're a rear-ported design, are they "finicky" to set up? Thanks!
Tom

I notice that you're using subwoofers- is this just for use in cinema mode listening, or do you also use them for two channel music listening as well? How would you describe the low frequency extension on their own? Given that they're a rear-ported design, are they "finicky" to set up? Thanks!
Tom

I use 2 JLf113's paired with my mains and 2 JLf113's for LFE. The Il Cremonese plays very low, rated to 25Hz, I feel that the lowest octaves need to be heard (felt) that only a sub-woofer can do. I could get by without subs, but since I have them they only contribute to the bottom end. I cross them over at 22Hz. Setup with most speakers is finicky, imho. It pays to play with positioning. I think you can get most speakers to sound pretty good in a room, but to get the real magic, a lot of time and patience is required to get every ounce out of them. An 1/8th of an inch is like a mile! My dealer spent 2 days working on positioning. The results are beyond explanation.

Nelson & Scott,
Any updates now that I'm sure that you have lots of hours on your Il Cremonese? How much of a departure is there with these speakers from the stereotypical SF signature "lush, romantic" sonics?
Tom

Nelson & Scott,
Any updates now that I'm sure that you have lots of hours on your Il Cremonese? How much of a departure is there with these speakers from the stereotypical SF signature "lush, romantic" sonics?
Tom

Tom,

I own evolutions and futuras and the il cremonese. All have the Sf "signature"! The Il Cremonese is a truly spectacular speaker. Delicate, yet powerful no matter what I throw at them. Every time I sit down in front of them, I pinch myself.

Has anyone had the chance to compare the new Amati or Serafino Tradition to the Il Cremonese?

I'm really curious to know if the new Amati or Serafino Tradition comes close to the performance of the Il Cremonese since they have a newer design. Considering the difference in price, I'd like to find out.

Back