So, does the introduction of MQA change/alter your plans going forward?

Where does one find the new MQA Tidal content? I open up "What's New" on Tidal and don't see it there. In the search engine typing in MQA only brings up MQA Music Videos. I opened up a header named Exclusive thinking they might be there....nada....
Thanks....

Follow audiophil's directions above and make sure you are using the Tidal Ap for your PC or Apple computer and not access the program from a web browser..

Also got to hear the higher resolution in my system now. Good move by Tidal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make sure you have the latest version of the desktop app installed. On the What's new tab, under albums, you should see a category called Masters. Those are the droids...er albums... you're looking for

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks, downloaded latest app and found it. If you have a non MQA Dac I presume under settings/streaming you would select the first option (Sound is controlled by your OSystemn...)
or would you select your Dac?)
Cheers....

Thanks, downloaded latest app and found it. If you have a non MQA Dac I presume under settings/streaming you would select the first option (Sound is controlled by your OSystemn...)
or would you select your Dac?)
Cheers....
Select your DAC and be sure it's set to exclusive mode, etc. Check back a few pages in this thread for detailed instructions and screenshots that I posted.

Select your DAC and be sure it's set to exclusive mode, etc. Check back a few pages in this thread for detailed instructions and screenshots that I posted.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 68
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 68
Andy was nice enough to bring down his Brooklyn DAC today. All I will say is if you have any interest in MQA or more importantly in great sound either do it yourself or get yourself a demo of a MQA DAC playing 24/192 files. Make up your own mind, no one is making anyone do or try MQA. If you don't like it, then it's not for you, no big deal.

24/96 gets you about 75% of the way to 24/192 sonically. I would say that 24/96 is where the real MQA magic starts, 24/192 takes it to another level......and this was on a $2K MQA DAC.

You can play MQA files that you save on the Tidal Desktop from your favorite list on the Aurender/Tidal app. When you play an MQA file from the Aurender to the Brooklyn DAC the magic 24/192 MQA shows up on the display.....this is significant for Aurender users.

Be happy to answer any questions or help anyone trying to figure this out, like I did over the last 24 hours:).....with Phil and Andy's help!

It's unlikely that the change from 24/96 to 24/192 makes any difference if they are analog masters. However, the additional hardware processing to "correct" for the DAC's different time and phase characteristics (compared to the original ADC) certainly could (and should)

Andy was nice enough to bring down his Brooklyn DAC today. All I will say is if you have any interest in MQA or more importantly in great sound either do it yourself or get yourself a demo of a MQA DAC playing 24/192 files. Make up your own mind, no one is making anyone do or try MQA. If you don't like it, then it's not for you, no big deal.

24/96 gets you about 75% of the way to 24/192 sonically. I would say that 24/96 is where the real MQA magic starts, 24/192 takes it to another level......and this was on a $2K MQA DAC.

You can play MQA files that you save on the Tidal Desktop from your favorite list on the Aurender/Tidal app. When you play an MQA file from the Aurender to the Brooklyn DAC the magic 24/192 MQA shows up on the display.....this is significant for Aurender users.

Be happy to answer any questions or help anyone trying to figure this out, like I did over the last 24 hours:).....with Phil and Andy's help!

How does the sound from the Brooklyn MQA Dac playing back MQA encoded files from Tidal at 24/192 compare to the sound of your MSB Select Dac playing back the same files but at only 24/96.
Cheers.....

How does the sound from the Brooklyn MQA Dac playing back MQA encoded files from Tidal at 24/192 compare to the sound of your MSB Select Dac playing back the same files but at only 24/96.
Cheers.....

They're both big time sound, even regular Tidal at 16/44.1 through the MSB is lala land for me. Anyway, no we didn't compare the DACs, we just enjoyed the music.....sounds incredible with either DAC.

They're both big time sound, even regular Tidal at 16/44.1 through the MSB is lala land for me. Anyway, no we didn't compare the DACs, we just enjoyed the music.....sounds incredible with either DAC.

I am sure any source sounds fabulous in your system:D

Importantly, was there the same MQA magic or character coming even with the Brookland dac which cost less than the tax paid on your MSB set. This would be meaningful for those jumping into a MQA dac.

I am sure any source sounds fabulous in your system:D

Importantly, was there the same MQA magic or character coming even with the Brookland dac which cost less than the tax paid on your MSB set. This would be meaningful for those jumping into a MQA dac.

The Brooklyn DAC sounded really great, it allowed the MQA decoding to come through and it was fun. Now that I have the MQA/USB module for my MSB Select II Dac and did a FW upgrade to the MSB DAC I would compare even regular non MQA regular streaming Tidal through the MSB against, WITH A GOOD RECORDING, against the Brooklyn doing the full MQA decoding.

When MSB sent the new MQA/USB module I didn't realize until afterwards that this module coupled with the FW upgrade significantly upgraded the regular USB performance in the Select.

Listening to a fully HW decoded MQA well recorded track/album through the Select II is a revelation and you really have to hear it to understand how far digital has come. In this incarnation it's come a LOT further than I had ever imagined it would.

At this point I listen to regular 16/44.1 Tidal streaming non MQA interchangeably with the full MQA HW decoded albums. I don't think about if they are MQA'd or not, I just listen to the music that I want to listen to and it all gets to the "magic level" for me through the Select Dac.

Back