Shunyata Theta and Gamma Series Announced

I think the answer is definitely the first, that better NR and power delivery resulted in better motor function, and very likely "both."

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

the product info states they are all treated with the new KPIPv2 processing, replacing the original KPIP protocol, and my hypothesis is that KPIPv2 has a significant impact on their functionality and audio qualities.

Shunyata Research is after all, a "research" company, & research never stands still; the new KPIPv2 process is an example of that.

What irritates / annoys is that the new budget lines are the only ones treated with the new v2 process. I’m fine and understand that the Alpha/Sigma v2 Lines that came out in 2020 didn’t have it (it just wasn’t there back then), but having purchased a full Omega signal loom which only came out last year is frankly a bit insulting to the customer. Now, if KPIPv2 only speeds up the break in process, that‘s totally fine. But if it improves sonics, the timing of one year release difference, a ca 10fold price difference and including the better technology in the entry level product and not in the top of the line is in my opinion frankly a No Go!

That's my reading of it. Makes no difference to me KPIP v1, v2, v3 or whatever. It's not an attribute I care about.

Exactly what I thought initially.

On the Shunyata website though it says: „When compared to the original process, KPIP v2™ represents a dramatic performance upgrade on par with a component-level upgrade.“

I‘m also surprised that the PMZ (= superior wire extraction process) that was first featured in the Omega digital cables three years ago if I remember correctly finds it‘s way now into the entry level series. Why not in the Omega signal cables?! I‘m a bit puzzled to be frank and reached out to Shunyata why that is the case.

Does anyone have experience with these new cables yet? In particular, I am curious how the Theta line compares to the Venom-X.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting on our demos. We did have experience with them at axpona in our room. They are another league better than Venom X (which we have in the store). The Theta sounds like “Omega Lite”. Very similar characteristics to the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Waiting on our demos. We did have experience with them at axpona in our room. They are another league better than Venom X (which we have in the store). The Theta sounds like “Omega Lite”. Very similar characteristics to the big boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

High praise, indeed. I might just have to check these out when funds allow for an upgrade.

Thanks, Mike!

So what do I do. Buy a new Theta PC. Or wait for an open box Alpha v2 PC on Music Direct?

Music Direct tranships Shunyata product to Australia in clear violation of their dealer agreement? Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back