Sexy Italian Cars at Pebble Beach

Puma Cat

I had an assignment for Secrets of Home Theatre and High Fidelity yesterday to meet up with the execs for Lamborghini, Maserati, and Sonus Faber at the Monterey Car Week/Pebble Beach Concours to discuss the bespoke new audio systems that Sonus Faber has engineered for the new Lamborghini and Maseratis.

At the Lamborgini lounge, I met with up Raffaelle Frontera of Sonus Faber, who showed me the Lamborghini Revuelto and the newly launched Temarario. First up are some pics of the Lamborghinis...

The Revuelto...

Revuelto-Frt1.jpg

From the side....
Revuelto-R-Side.jpg

The car was a bit difficult to get into because it's so low to the ground and you have to climb over a "sill" to get down into the driver's seat.

Some interior shots...I just used my iPhone 13 PM for these and they turned out pretty well.

Left side...
Revuelto_Left_Interior.jpg

Right side...
Revuelto%20Int%20R%20side.jpg

Lamborghini also introduced the new Temarario...
Temarario-Frt_1.jpg

The Temarario was a bit more "conventional" in that it's doors opened out to the side rather than swinging up as with the Revuelto.

I'll post some photos of the Maseratis once I edit them.

Looks like a fun assignment Stephen ! Lambo's are still not as sexy as Ferrari in my book.

Looks like a fun assignment Stephen ! Lambo's are still not as sexy as Ferrari in my book.
They're both nice, including the Maseratis as well.

But personally, I've always been more of a Porsche guy. Here's a shot of a GT2RS I took while out on a real estate photography assignment, believe it or not. This photo did really well in my local photography club competition, as well.

Porsche-GTRS-Basic-BlkMat.jpg

Nice car (Porsche) , I personally can't stand 'big wings' on a street car. Yes I understand the use on the track but looking like Sally Field (The Flying Nun) coming down the street is hideous IMO.

Nice car (Porsche) , I personally can't stand 'big wings' on a street car. Yes I understand the use on the track but looking like Sally Field (The Flying Nun) coming down the street is hideous IMO.

Did you see the Dodge Daytona ( a rare one loaded with options) cross the auction at Mecum Monterey for $3.3 million.,The world's rarest 1969 Dodge Hemi Daytona breaks auction record! 1 of 22 Hemi Daytona 4-speeds produced in 1969 with the original 426 CI Hemi V-8 engine. Just think back then people just didn't like the car, now its worth loads of cash.

Did you see the Dodge Daytona ( a rare one loaded with options) cross the auction at Mecum Monterey for $3.3 million.,The world's rarest 1969 Dodge Hemi Daytona breaks auction record! 1 of 22 Hemi Daytona 4-speeds produced in 1969 with the original 426 CI Hemi V-8 engine. Just think back then people just didn't like the car, now its worth loads of cash.

Yep I did, it was ugly as hell in 1969 and even uglier today. Having seen several in person over the years an 8th grade shop class could have done a better job of putting them together. Purpose built, Daytona & Talladega.

They're both nice, including the Maseratis as well.

But personally, I've always been more of a Porsche guy. Here's a shot of a GT2RS I took while out on a real estate photography assignment, believe it or not. This photo did really well in my local photography club competition, as well.

Porsche-GTRS-Basic-BlkMat.jpg
take a Porsche over an Italian any day

Yep I did, it was ugly as hell in 1969 and even uglier today. Having seen several in person over the years an 8th grade shop class could have done a better job of putting them together. Purpose built, Daytona & Talladega.
Totally agree! What an ugly car!
Maybe the buyer had some personal connection to that car (lost virginity? Just kidding)!

Never liked the looks, but darn it its now selling like $$$$ crazy if its equipped with the right stuff.. But teh 63 vette that came after was rather nice . S100 $522,500

1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Split Window Coupe

Lot S100 // Saturday, August 17th// Monterey 2024

1 of 199 Produced, L84 Fuel-Injected 327 CI V-8, 4-Speed, 783 miles

And Lot S96 1967 L88 the very first production L88 sold for $2.35 million , 8,088 miles.

one of the issues with both Mecum & Barrett Jackson is the prices you see do not represent the 'real world' valuation for the most part. I have personally met two guys who made such purchases only to be quite disappointed when they attempted to sell their rides down the road. Regardless, I'd take the '67 L88 over the 'bird' any day of the week ;)

Detroit muscle cars are well and good, but how about we bring this thread back on topic?

A shot of the new Maserati Folgore at the House of Maserati at Pebble Beach...

Folgore%201.jpg

Oh, and I took this photo with my iPhone 13 ProMax. 😜 😺

Back