Searching for an Integrated with DAC

I reviewed the first iteration of the Blue Circle DAR many moons ago. It was a great piece, and Gilbert was a great character (and I mean character!!) to work with. :D

Two others which are rated as Giant Killers that you might want to research are...

Wyred 4 Sound.... have gotten The Absolute Sound Editer's Choice award the previous 3 years... fit your criteria accept much lower budget... also built here in California... Atascadero.... https://www.wyred4sound.com/products

Another being the Goldmund (from Switzerland) Job Integrated.... http://www.jobsys.com/index.htm. Goldmund only sells the Job line straight factory direct...

Just a couple thoughts....

Thanks everybody. I am paying attention.

I am rethinking the DAC requirement. It makes a lot of sense to not include a DAC but some manufacturers have done an excellent job of incorporating a DAC and enjoy system synergies.

Low weight is important, but not the lowest weight.

Performance "outweighs" weight.

Current speakers are Quad ESL-2805s. Second pair TBD.
I look forward to attending T.H.E. Show Newport Beach and spending some money.

Here's another one:

http://vinnierossi.com/lio-integrated-mosfet-amplifier/

attachment.php

Attachments

• 287662412.jpg
    287662412.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 144
Well if you don't need the built in DAC then that opens up the flagship Wyred 4 Sound. At only about $3000 they are amazing built and sounding. I recently purchased their pre-amp and it is the best sounding pre-amp I have ever heard. 6Moons was directly comparing against Esoteric at 6-7 times their price.

I was at their factory when I picked up my pre-amp and I can assure you they are hand made in the United States. They even are backed with 5 year warranties.

their customer service is beyond amazing... I had a quick question, sent an e-mail and received a response back within a half an hour.... and THEY ACTUALLY ANSWER THEIR PHONE :)...

Well if you don't need the built in DAC then that opens up the flagship Wyred 4 Sound. At only about $3000 they are amazing built and sounding. I recently purchased their pre-amp and it is the best sounding pre-amp I have ever heard. 6Moons was directly comparing against Esoteric at 6-7 times their price.

I was at their factory when I picked up my pre-amp and I can assure you they are hand made in the United States. They even are backed with 5 year warranties.

their customer service is beyond amazing... I had a quick question, sent an e-mail and received a response back within a half an hour.... and THEY ACTUALLY ANSWER THEIR PHONE :)...

Thanks Randy, Plus they are coming out with a new Statement Series.

I was not aware of the Statement Series.... where did you find out about this? I am interested in the headphone amp they are coming out with later this year :)... So far I have been very impressed with the pre-amp... and it is not even broken in yet :)...

I like made in US and like made in my back yard even better :).... I was surprised when I started researching them and then found out that I drive right by their factory on my way to work....

I just looked up the statement series. Looks good! Sounds like a no brainer to me.... you should get the statement series when they come out, or if you can't wait grab the STP-SE and the ST 500 mkII :).... well in your budget and the best sound/built you can probably get in your budget :)....

And if you don't want to wait you can place your order and make a trip down to the Central Coast a few days later and pick it up yourself :D....

I just looked up the statement series. Looks good! Sounds like a no brainer to me.... you should get the statement series when they come out, or if you can't wait grab the STP-SE and the ST 500 mkII :).... well in your budget and the best sound/built you can probably get in your budget :)....

And if you don't want to wait you can place your order and make a trip down to the Central Coast a few days later and pick it up yourself :D....

Picture here: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/10/best-of-rmaf-2015-wyred4sound-statement-kef-blade-two/

Yea, that is one of the ones I found.... and as a KEF fan from way back :D....... match made in heaven... best soundstage I have ever heard in a pre-amp... just like the Goldmund.... and KEF.... holy crap... W4S is great sounding great built gear!

My thoughts too. Looks like a bad acid trip when someone dropped the soap in the shower!
I am pretty confident that it will slaughter all others mentioned in this thread. Nuff said.

Another option at $9.5k and 32 lbs, no DAC inside though, would be the T+A PA2500R.

The Karan Acoustic KA-i 180 MK II is pretty damned nice. It's musical, powerful, bodes well with numerous loudspeaker types, and is transparent enough to show you what's really going on. The only downside? No DAC, and it breaches your 40lb "limit" by a literal couple lbs.

Back