Official 2015 RMAF Picture & Comment Thread - Day 2 ...

Thanks Joe for your hard work !!!!! You are busy as Mike today !

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443907709.247427.jpg

5/10

attachment.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443908657.828155.jpg

Why it's important to come back to rooms multiple times. The Kii folks removed a CD transport and DAC and went right from the laptop to the Kii speakers and the difference was not subtle. Sitting listening to Ella Fitzgerald. Her voice is sweet and the stand-up bass is realistic. Cymbals sound real.

And I might add...no use of room treatments either to get this great sound.

The Kii also has adjustability for location in the room. The wonders of digital tech. We couldn't have done this as well in the analog domain.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for all the photos guys!
Much appreciated.

Thanks so much for the pictures and taking the time to do the live updates, Mike. And Joe for the editing.

How does Gamut room sound? I heard the standmount version of Gamut speaker a few months ago and still think about it from time to time.

Focal Sopra seems to be the real deal. Any info on when no.3 will become available?

Srajen seems to be taken by the sound of the Apertura speakers. There are reviews for several models at 6 Moons. Their designer worked with both Focal and Goldmund. The cabinet design seems well thought out. Also Mike do the Holograms introduced here and in California seem to be basically the same as the M1 and M2 with just wood frames instead of the more expensive metal framed models sold though dealers? I have been tempted to try the M3 at $1495 as they would be a good match for my MR amp.

Srajen seems to be taken by the sound of the Apertura speakers. There are reviews for several models at 6 Moons. Their designer worked with both Focal and Goldmund. The cabinet design seems well thought out. Also Mike do the Holograms introduced here and in California seem to be basically the same as the M1 and M2 with just wood frames instead of the more expensive metal framed models sold though dealers? I have been tempted to try the M3 at $1495 as they would be a good match for my MR amp.

Yes. I would vote them as best speaker for the money - by far.

Thanks so much for the pictures and taking the time to do the live updates, Mike. And Joe for the editing.

How does Gamut room sound? I heard the standmount version of Gamut speaker a few months ago and still think about it from time to time.

Focal Sopra seems to be the real deal. Any info on when no.3 will become available?

Gamut stand mounts were great.

BUT - Focal Sopra No. 1's were awesome. As I've told everyone since day one "if you like the Sopra No. 2's, wait until you hear the No. 1's".

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443932375.672888.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443932386.092550.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443932396.297551.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443932406.619662.jpg

Zu Audio throws THE BEST after hours parties!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Back