Nord One Up Ncore NC500 amps, Class D ready for prime time .....

Joe, I don't know how i missed this thread. Man those amp looks great ! What do you pair with ? your Kef Bookshelf ?

Nice.

Hi Paul

I started breaking them in with my LS50. Now I am using them on my Strads and I have to say that they are wonderful. Surprised the heck out of me.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thanks Joe. Meantime I read the whole thread. You already mentioned earlier. Sorry about that.

Nice stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Joe have you heard about the recent revision plans for the Nord input buffer boards? Expect a very large improvement in sound available out of your amps very soon.

All of the details are on here if you read the last couple pages on this thread posted in the next post. I'm bavmike BTW.

Thanks Mike, I'll check it out. :audiophile:

I am shocked at just how awesome the amps are now.

Thanks Mike, I'll check it out. :audiophile:

Awesome! Anyways Colin should have a killer new very easy to install buffer board soon that will play nice with the Sonic Imagery 994 discrete opamp. Then you will really see what today's class D is capable of :)

Sorry for saying it on so many posts. I needed 10 posts to share a link :)

I recently traded my Nuforce Ref9seV3's for a new pair of Nuprime R20's with the TTSD upgrade. I'm not quite ready yet to provide any definitive comments about the R20's because I sent my GAT back to CJ for the Series 2 upgrade. But CJ shipped it yesterday and the GAT's expected to arrive tomorrow! So that should be exciting and looking forward to a great weekend! But I really need to hear the R20's with the GAT because thats my reference preamp. I will say it seems to take a long time for the Nuprimes to warm up, like a couple of hours. And I don't believe the amps are fully broken in yet. But initial impressions driving my Maggie 3.7i's are very promising. Here's what I just wrote on the Nuprime Audio Circle blog in reply #12.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140718.0

I recently traded my Nuforce Ref9seV3's for a new pair of Nuprime R20's with the TTSD upgrade. I'm not quite ready yet to provide any definitive comments about the R20's because I sent my GAT back to CJ for the Series 2 upgrade. But CJ shipped it yesterday and the GAT's expected to arrive tomorrow! So that should be exciting and looking forward to a great weekend! But I really need to hear the R20's with the GAT because thats my reference preamp. I will say it seems to take a long time for the Nuprimes to warm up, like a couple of hours. And I don't believe the amps are fully broken in yet. But initial impressions driving my Maggie 3.7i's are very promising. Here's what I just wrote on the Nuprime Audio Circle blog in reply #12.

If you ever want to upgrade one day, I would consider one of these Nord amps.

Ted,

Can't wait for your thoughts on the GAT series 2.

Sounds great and I'll keep that in mind. Joe, how do they compare to your CJ Art monos? The upgrades to my CJ Premier 8's were supposed to put those up to just about the Art mono sound quality, or at least close. And I'm very familiar with those and love them dearly; especially when all 16 KT120s (no tube cage) are glowing!

Sadly, nothing compares to my ART monos :D. But, they have their own strengths and advantages. I am getting out of tubes, for the most part, mainly because of the way I listen to my music. When those tubes are glowing in a dimly lit room and the music is playing, nothing compares.

Sadly, nothing compares to my ART monos :D. But, they have their own strengths and advantages. I am getting out of tubes, for the most part, mainly because of the way I listen to my music. When those tubes are glowing in a dimly lit room and the music is playing, nothing compares.

I just noticed there's no DAC in your signature anymore. Are you in between DAC's?

Edit: Never mind I see that you have the Mcintosh C52 Preamp/DAC. How do you like it?

Oops, I knew I forgot something. Thanks Mike. I have the Lumin S1 and Lumin D1 in my system now.

I fixed my signature. Thank you.

I just noticed there's no DAC in your signature anymore. Are you in between DAC's? Never mind I see that you have the Macintosh C52 Preamp/DAC. How do you like it?

Oops, I knew I forgot something. Thanks Mike. I have the Lumin S1 and Lumin D1 in my system now.

I fixed my signature. Thank you.

Have you tried out the DAC section on the McIntosh? If so how does it compare to the Lumin?

Back