New photos of Randy's system ...

Looking great Randy. Love the record stand.

Hey Chris,Hmmm, that Dyson is a few years old. We have three Dyson fans, five Dyson vacuums, and my wife has their hair dryer. We love Dyson products! Only one time had an issue when a motor burnt up on an animal vacuum. They sent me a new one right away and did not even worry about sales slip saying that the model was less than five years old so obviously it was under warranty.

I have mainly AudioQuest cables, XLR Amazon, Anaconda and Niagara, Coffee USB x2. Some basic AudioQuest for the tuner :).... power cables are a bit of a mix bag, Pangea x2, W4S, Richard Gray, etc. Kimber Kable speaker cables.

Hey Chris,Hmmm, that Dyson is a few years old. We have three Dyson fans, five Dyson vacuums, and my wife has their hair dryer. We love Dyson products! Only one time had an issue when a motor burnt up on an animal vacuum. They sent me a new one right away and did not even worry about sales slip saying that the model was less than five years old so obviously it was under warranty. I have mainly AudioQuest cables, XLR Amazon, Anaconda and Niagara, Coffee USB x2. Some basic AudioQuest for the tuner :).... power cables are a bit of a mix bag, Pangea x2, W4S, Richard Gray, etc. Kimber Kable speaker cables.

Dyson did send us a new fan, and told us to trash the one that died. Not bad customer service.

So far so good. Still trying to hone everything in but I think it is pretty close now.

Last night I flipped the left and right to put the tweeters on the outside. I think it really improved the soundstage considerably in my room.

Maggies... Nice! So how do you like them? Pros and cons vs the KEF's? I'm really loving these old Martin Logan's of mine. They really match up extremely well with the gear and room... Finally!

Hey Charles,

Still breaking in and still getting used to them, however so far I am liking them! The KEF's definitely have more bottom end and a bit more efficient. The Maggie's definitely eliminate any box constraints. Really amazing sound stage which is something I really like. I would say a very similar sound signature to my Planar Magnet headphones (Abyss), no sense of where the sound is actually emanating from. Makes me feel like I am part of the music not listening to speakers playing the music. Not a ton of base but the sub fills in a little. I am not a bass hound so that does not matter much to me. I think the larger models would have more bottom end but I also believe I made the right decision with the .7's. Cheryal has mentioned that the speakers are larger then she thought they would be, so I think that the 1.7's would have been too much for her. Down the road though :D.

Hey Charles,

Still breaking in and still getting used to them, however so far I am liking them! The KEF's definitely have more bottom end and a bit more efficient. The Maggie's definitely eliminate any box constraints. Really amazing sound stage which is something I really like. I would say a very similar sound signature to my Planar Magnet headphones (Abyss), no sense of where the sound is actually emanating from. Makes me feel like I am part of the music not listening to speakers playing the music. Not a ton of base but the sub fills in a little. I am not a bass hound so that does not matter much to me. I think the larger models would have more bottom end but I also believe I made the right decision with the .7's. Cheryal has mentioned that the speakers are larger then she thought they would be, so I think that the 1.7's would have been too much for her. Down the road though :D.

They are imposing with their height and can take over a room and be very wifey unfriendly.

Back