New Forum Coming

Thank you everyone. Lots of time, planning and purchases allowed us to migrate as smoothly as possible. Appreciate everyone’s patience. I tried to keep the old forum going with spit and bubblegum as long as I could, but support for the platform ran out months ago. It was time to invest. I hope you all enjoy it.

By the way, you can create a little shortcut on your iPhone/android by clicking the little up arrow in a box (while in safari), clicking “add to home screen” and it creates a shortcut on your iPhone. Just an FYI.

I realize as a user I am a very small minority but FYI

When I find the list of new posts there's no navigation, for example, if a thread has more than one page I'd have to scroll through the entire thread to find the last post I read, where the prior site had "go to last unread post" button which would take me where I left off in that thread, so if someone posted something new clicking the button took me right to it. Also if this button was there it informed me or was an indicator that something new was in that thread.

There are no headings or headers on the pages or they aren't marked. I used to be able to hit a header hot key that would take me to each thread title and other important items on a page. It would also take me to the beginning of each post in a thread which helped. On the current site I have to arrow down to read everything on the page. Tabbing can be used but is also time consuming.

I don't know if any of this accessibility stuff can be added after the fact but it's what I really enjoyed on the old site, being able to navigate it.

Just meant to be constructive feedback.

Looking good Mike. Well done my friend. And what I like adding pictures is easy again.
I realize as a user I am a very small minority but FYI

When I find the list of new posts there's no navigation, for example, if a thread has more than one page I'd have to scroll through the entire thread to find the last post I read, where the prior site had "go to last unread post" button which would take me where I left off in that thread, so if someone posted something new clicking the button took me right to it. Also if this button was there it informed me or was an indicator that something new was in that thread.

There are no headings or headers on the pages or they aren't marked. I used to be able to hit a header hot key that would take me to each thread title and other important items on a page. It would also take me to the beginning of each post in a thread which helped. On the current site I have to arrow down to read everything on the page. Tabbing can be used but is also time consuming.

I don't know if any of this accessibility stuff can be added after the fact but it's what I really enjoyed on the old site, being able to navigate it.

Just meant to be constructive feedback.

You mean like this, ex from this post. I went to page 7 and its shows page 8 and "next"

So how old is your "oldest" component?​

Screenshot 2024-07-23 120306.jpeg

Mike, I like the new forum feel but have an observation and question. When I open a posts showing as unread, they remain unread even after I have opened them, read all posts and exited. Is it operator error?

Attachments

• IMG_2886.png
    IMG_2886.png
    758 KB · Views: 6
Knew the change was coming, yet somehow was still surprised to see the new format when it happened.
No problem signing in, and quickly have gotten used to the new layout. Nicely done.

I had no issues with initial login, Safari just logged right in, with old password. I find the site very quick, much improved. Thanks Mike, and gang.

I did go through the first while marking previously used threads as “read” which made everything back to normal for me. (Only new posts trigger the unread flag) I do use the “new posts” button, which works fine.

I use iPad for most viewing, and request that the Audio Shark icon next to the “hamburger” (menu icon” at the top left, to be made functional at a button to go back to the Home Screen.
(EDIT) this functionality started working this morning, along with the ads (EDIT)

Ads began showing up inside of posts this morning. (Subscriber) 🙁

I had no issues with initial login, Safari just logged right in, with old password. I find the site very quick, much improved. Thanks Mike, and gang.

I did go through the first while marking previously used threads as “read” which made everything back to normal for me. (Only new posts trigger the unread flag) I do use the “new posts” button, which works fine.

I use iPad for most viewing, and request that the Audio Shark icon next to the “hamburger” (menu icon” at the top left, to be made functional at a button to go back to the Home Screen.
(EDIT) this functionality started working this morning, along with the ads (EDIT)

Ads began showing up inside of posts this morning. (Subscriber) 🙁
Yup! Glad it’s working great. The ads help cover the costs. We don’t have any fees, so a few ads here and there help contribute toward the costs.

Back