NEW Contour LE

octadyndude: Speakers get old, but the well made cabinets would be a waste to have to dump them, you should be at least able to update a driver, tweeter or woofer if they go bad. Kind of ironic that they would let RaceTripper update his Dynaudio Contour S3.4s with a tweeter that isn't really recommended for that speaker and crossover some would say. :weird:

octadyndude: Speakers get old, but the well made cabinets would be a waste to have to dump them, you should be at least able to update a driver, tweeter or woofer if they go bad. Kind of ironic that they would let RaceTripper update his Dynaudio Contour S3.4s with a tweeter that isn't really recommended for that speaker and crossover some would say. :weird:

I would love to give Tyler the business but so far not accommodating as I get he is a one man show, similar guy up in Minneapolis does this with Dali speakers has his own room in his house and sells them out of their. I did that for a few years with used equipment, but it's nice to have a show room and other employees that way if your too busy some one else can help you out. Nothing against Tyler whatsoever, but I am sure he has people he can sell 20K-25K speakers too, instead of me just coming in and swapping out a pair of C2s for a newer pair, of course at a up charge. ;) Which in his case was really reasonable and I was all for it, but the longer he makes me wait, the more I am thinking of why would I do it. Basically the longer I have to wait, the more I am going to talk myself out of it, why because when you like some thing this much why change it, I made that mistake over the years of swapping too much out and not giving things a chance, my KW-500 Int for one, just glad to have it back.
I believe Dynaudio will repair but not upgrade speakers. I read one reason they stopped selling speaker kits was because of warranty for kits they sold that were built wrong causing the need for said warranty. But in Deans case he got automotive speakers which as far as I know there is no Dynaudio certified automotive installation centers.

Are you looking to upgrade your C2's for the cabinets? Not to be rude but I think you've mentioned several times you couldn't hear the difference when you had both. :S As far as Tyler being a one man show without a storefront there is a dealer in Brown Deer Wi along with 5 other dealers in the Chicago area. I would like for Tyler to have a store but honestly I hope he never gets one for the slight discounts and most important his service.

octadyndude: One of the main reasons they quit selling kits is lovely Chinese where making counterfeit speakers and drivers, initially they would buy the real drivers from Madisound etc.. and then build cheaper cabinets and try to sell the as originals. It became so bad they pulled all raw drivers out of the market. This was the main reason I was told, but I am sure there was a few more. The Chinese are still trying to sell knock offs as the made bidder on the pair of Dynaudio Esotar T330D tweeter is from China, guy told me this guy would pay more so far bidding is at $1000.

As far as upgrading, more a less due to age of my speakers and new finishes (Hence the cost issue for me as well). I lived with both C1 and C1 MKII for over a year and as stated didn't notice a huge difference and the same goes for the C2 verses C2 MKII. My first two reasons at the beginning of this sentence are the only reasons why. ;) I agree with you about Tyler, better for him to stay small and pass on the savings he doesn't have with overhead, but there becomes a time when you need to make that change if he becomes more of a popular shopping spot. The Dealer you talk about is Dave at Audio Emporium and he only sells the XEO model nothing else, he is the one that sold me my Magnepan 1.7s! I have the cash and the speakers too trade, just waiting for Tyler to give me a time when I can listen, I tried him last week but he was tied up with a showing. Who wants to pay dealer cost when you can trade up or buy them for less, I sold Dynaudio from 1991-2000 at Audiophiles a part time gig I had before I got married and I still have the cost sheets, so I know the mark up and I am sure it is even more now. :exciting:

It's difficult to sell high end speakers especially if they selling used for over 5K + (I am trying) just remember that if you ever try to sell the Raidho when they come out with a new and improved model, which I am sure they will! :woot:. <<<<<<< Insert Sarcasm

It really hurts to wait when when you are neglected by dealers as a result of not enough profit from trade-in transaction. I understand that dealers can make money from premium priced speakers but eventually their loss when small transactions are neglected. All dealers start from small transactions and they go big. When dealers forget to keep their feet grounded and keep on reaching for the horizon, usually that is the start of the end :peace:.

octadyndude: One of the main reasons they quit selling kits is lovely Chinese where making counterfeit speakers and drivers, initially they would buy the real drivers from Madisound etc.. and then build cheaper cabinets and try to sell the as originals. It became so bad they pulled all raw drivers out of the market. This was the main reason I was told, but I am sure there was a few more. The Chinese are still trying to sell knock offs as the made bidder on the pair of Dynaudio Esotar T330D tweeter is from China, guy told me this guy would pay more so far bidding is at $1000.

As far as upgrading, more a less due to age of my speakers and new finishes (Hence the cost issue for me as well). I lived with both C1 and C1 MKII for over a year and as stated didn't notice a huge difference and the same goes for the C2 verses C2 MKII. My first two reasons at the beginning of this sentence are the only reasons why. ;) I agree with you about Tyler, better for him to stay small and pass on the savings he doesn't have with overhead, but there becomes a time when you need to make that change if he becomes more of a popular shopping spot. The Dealer you talk about is Dave at Audio Emporium and he only sells the XEO model nothing else, he is the one that sold me my Magnepan 1.7s! I have the cash and the speakers too trade, just waiting for Tyler to give me a time when I can listen, I tried him last week but he was tied up with a showing. Who wants to pay dealer cost when you can trade up or buy them for less, I sold Dynaudio from 1991-2000 at Audiophiles a part time gig I had before I got married and I still have the cost sheets, so I know the mark up and I am sure it is even more now. :exciting:

It's difficult to sell high end speakers especially if they selling used for over 5K + (I am trying) just remember that if you ever try to sell the Raidho when they come out with a new and improved model, which I am sure they will! :woot:. <<<<<<< Insert Sarcasm
The Chinese makes sense.

I will admit I was getting tired with the Cherry C1's and when I saw the Mocha and imagined black/chrome stands I really wanted whether they sounded better or not. For me icing on the cake is when I heard them. My ONLY complaint I had with the originals is they sounded fantastic when way past 90db. I normally listen closer to 80+ db. I got that fantastic sound at lower level db's. The original C1's again were the only speaker I've heard to date that only gets better as you crank them up. The louder the better.

As far as getting old I still have my Mission/Cryus 782's that I bought in 1990. They still work and sound fine but I rarely pushed them to the limits.

Hey Tyler was and is busy. I know because I volunteered to help install a Soulution 530 IA - CDP - Naim music server - Ansuz cabling - rack and ac distribution. Oh and Raidho D5's. My GOD :disbelief: is all I can say regarding sound. Several more pieces are on the way. I'm even waiting on Tyler to drop off some cables to demo (I'm real close). Ansuz Ceramic Ic's vs Nordost Tyr 2.

Selling used Ho's is difficult at best (any model) - no argument here. I would prefer to upgrade than sell (Tyler always found a way to make it happen for me and others). I like them that much. But that's me. If I don't upgrade I'm seriously considering Xeo4 for upstairs. I already have another pair of black/chrome Stand4's (just in case).

catmonv: Tyler hasn't blown me off, just his schedule and mine are not matching up right now.. I plan on calling him in the morning. (all good on my end with him) The only real Dynaudio dealers are in Chicago and I don't want to pay their tax! ;) But when it comes to dealers after 2008 a lot of them went belly up because of exactly what your talking about. We have 1 left in the city I am in and maybe 5 decent ones left in my state, at one time there use to be 5 per decent metropolitan area. With people massively buying on the net we will all become a push button society and wonder/ponder why there is no more jobs left. One thing Dynaudio does have right, they hand build from mostly all of their own materials which is unheard of these days. These speakers are a craftsmanship work of art along with the engineering feat of making them sound beautiful as well. Next thing we will all have 3D printers and be making our own soon! LOL ;)

catmonv: Tyler hasn't blown me off, just his schedule and mine are not matching up right now.. I plan on calling him in the morning. (all good on my end with him) The only real Dynaudio dealers are in Chicago and I don't want to pay their tax! ;) But when it comes to dealers after 2008 a lot of them went belly up because of exactly what your talking about. We have 1 left in the city I am in and maybe 5 decent ones left in my state, at one time there use to be 5 per decent metropolitan area. With people massively buying on the net we will all become a push button society and wonder/ponder why there is no more jobs left. One thing Dynaudio does have right, they hand build from mostly all of their own materials which is unheard of these days. These speakers are a craftsmanship work of art along with the engineering feat of making them sound beautiful as well. Next thing we will all have 3D printers and be making our own soon! LOL ;)

audionirvana: I am speaking in general terms and not bad mouthing anyone. I hope you get your new C2 right away :panic:

Octadyndude: Well at 80+ DB they sounded about the same for me (As that is pretty loud in my room), could be different Amps/room acoustics etc.. factored in. Night listening is around 50-65db max and there is gobs of detail with my C2s. With my Musical Fidelity it seems like I don't have to turn it up very loud to get the most out of my speakers but when I do they are just as good, maybe that is the reason I ended up buying my MF Int. Amp back. ;) I have a RadioShack DB meter I use and I will have to test it out again tonight as I haven't used it in awhile. But as far as speakers go, I am good, the only thing I am considering is the Dynaudio upgrade, these speakers still look like they are new and still sound like it too me. I have Maggies 1.7s, the KEF LS50, two pairs of Dalis and C2 HT system along with a pair of DM 2/7s (On the way) I just picked up.. If I go the upgrade I will most like off the LS50s. But I am in a dire need of room make over, its a nice size room and acoustics are not bad but color of walls and carpet have to go! :huh:

In regards to Tyler I sent him one last e-mail in hopes to audition newer C2s for a possible upgrade, and most likely I will do it. I am just not sure if he is taking me seriously, balls in his court now as I gave him some more dates on when I will be in town. :audiophile: I have the cash, as I am on the 3 month cycle.... (Sales Bonus that is)

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
catmov: Well if you have those C1 for sale maybe I will take you up on those! :) I know you where not bad mouthing anyone, but I agree with you with the perspective on what is happening in the audio industry like many others.

Back