Mike's system

Any particular recommendation of one over the other or a classic case of try for yourself and see which you prefer?!
The 2M are about 5-10x the price of the OREAs, but if the improvement is worthy I‘d happy to give them a try.

Any particular recommendation of one over the other or a classic case of try for yourself and see which you prefer?!
The 2M are about 5-10x the price of the OREAs, but if the improvement is worthy I‘d happy to give them a try.

You’ll really have to try both and see. For me, I have a lot of boxes, and knowing the ISOAcoustics do exactly what they say, I decided it came down to a smart financial decision. I have some new turntable aspirations, so, I’d rather focus my Pennie’s on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’ll really have to try both and see. For me, I have a lot of boxes, and knowing the ISOAcoustics do exactly what they say, I decided it came down to a smart financial decision. I have some new turntable aspirations, so, I’d rather focus my Pennie’s on that.

lemme guess...the Esoteric?

Alright, that was my plan, too. Since I already have the OREAs under these components I got the proper baseline and can easily do a comparison.

Thanks as always for your input, Mike!

Alright, that was my plan, too. Since I already have the OREAs under these components I got the proper baseline and can easily do a comparison.

Thanks as always for your input, Mike!

Good luck. Keep us posted on your findings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Will do. What is your turntable is for me the Taiko BPS/switch/router and those Shunyata Omega XLRs. Undecided which to do first though.

Will do. What is your turntable is for me the Taiko BPS/switch/router and those Shunyata Omega XLRs. Undecided which to do first though.

I currently have a Kronos Pro and a Avid Acutus DARK (which I will be selling). Tough call….but the OMEGA XLR’s are outstanding. Just ordered two more pairs for myself and the speaker cables. Also have the Taiko switch and waiting on the new NIC.

I currently have a Kronos Pro and a Avid Acutus DARK (which I will be selling). Tough call….but the OMEGA XLR’s are outstanding. Just ordered two more pairs for myself and the speaker cables. Also have the Taiko switch and waiting on the new NIC.

Yes… I can only image what those XLRs will do. Have a Sigma v2 from DAC to pre and a Chord Shawline between pre amp and amp. Plan it to replace the Sigma with the Omega and move the signs between DAC and pre.

Btw the Altaira is just out of this world!! Use two and some Omegas and I never heard my system being anything like this musically and from a natural and engaging perspective. A REAL game changer!!

Yes… I can only image what those XLRs will do. Have a Sigma v2 from DAC to pre and a Chord Shawline between pre amp and amp. Plan it to replace the Sigma with the Omega and move the signs between DAC and pre.

Btw the Altaira is just out of this world!! Use two and some Omegas and I never heard my system being anything like this musically and from a natural and engaging perspective. A REAL game changer!!

Agreed!! All my devices have ground lugs, so I’m going to get two.

… and my feeling is you‘ll be pretty close to audiophile Nirvana. :)

True true! I’ve had so many great systems. It’s difficult to talk about them all because people always want a “what’s better?” They demand a winner and a loser. But there are often just too many factors and if I was to say, “the Omega speaker cables beat the AQ Dragon speaker cables in every system we’ve tried”, there would be a lot of bellyaching. Like Jay mentioned in his video, it’s disappointing we can’t be more like the car industry. But for now, there are no ugly babies and every baby is the most beautiful in the world.

True true! I’ve had so many great systems. It’s difficult to talk about them all because people always want a “what’s better?” They demand a winner and a loser. But there are often just too many factors and if I was to say, “the Omega speaker cables beat the AQ Dragon speaker cables in every system we’ve tried”, there would be a lot of bellyaching. Like Jay mentioned in his video, it’s disappointing we can’t be more like the car industry. But for now, there are no ugly babies and every baby is the most beautiful in the world.

Yes, I agree. I don‘t have anywhere the experience with such a broad range of systems like you. Still I learned a lot the past 3-4 years by listening to a lot of systems at my dealer in Munich and upgrading my own system step by step. I think a big part of the is X better than Y or Z discussion is due to the fact that people (except the very very few with totally unlimited funds … and those often care about other things more than their hifi system) want to make sure they buy „the best“ value for their hard earned money. As you often mention a good dealer can point you in the right direction (which is worth a lot!). Still those that really like to fine tune their system even more to their liking, will need to bite the bullet and learn for themselves what they prefer, read online, study magazines, talk to friends AND TRY FOR THEMSELVES at home and train their hearing (which also might change their Taste over time). I personally find that a system needs a certain quality to be engaging, like a threshold when it „clicks“. After that it‘s more a nice to have and enjoy the ride kind of thing and one needs to be careful not to lose some of the magic, just because there is a more expensive upgrade around the corner. Especially at those levels it‘s all about synergy … and what‘s engaging for one person might be totally different for somebody else. So the bad news is, the eager audiophile person needs to develop his own taste. That good thing: there are sooo many beautiful components, cables, speakers out there these days that there is plenty to choose from and to enjoy!

Hi Mike,

I thought that the Finite Elemente racks didn't require any additional isolation under components? Are you using the ISOAcoustics between the components and the FE shelf? Thanks

Hi Mike,

I thought that the Finite Elemente racks didn't require any additional isolation under components? Are you using the ISOAcoustics between the components and the FE shelf? Thanks

They don’t say that, but I heard an improvement especially with my digital.

Hi Mike,

i had a FE rack and amp stands both with theyr top footers and it was disapointing.
they look good but brought nothing soundwise. look at the construction....the board is a thin marple board sitting on a funny knob. science from the eighties and never improved since. (true!!)
that said, my 2 amp stand got bent severe over the years and also the boards from the main rack werent flat anymore.
completely overrated product. that said, it was very easy to sell. very well known and many people want it.

i had a FE rack and amp stands both with theyr top footers and it was disapointing.
they look good but brought nothing soundwise. look at the construction....the board is a thin marple board sitting on a funny knob. science from the eighties and never improved since. (true!!)
that said, my 2 amp stand got bent severe over the years and also the boards from the main rack werent flat anymore.
completely overrated product. that said, it was very easy to sell. very well known and many people want it.

So sorry to hear that, u-sound. The FE racks are not inexpensive...no excuse for that to happen. Perhaps that is why they have moved to a honeywcomb laminate construction. But more worrisome is they brought nothing to the sound.

I'm looking for a high quality, isolation wise, wood or wood clad rack because this will be in my living room. I also need adjustable shelves...don't want to custom build a fixed shelf rack again specific for my equipment at that point in time. I seriously considered the Artesania rack but that is a little too industrial. What rack did you replace the FE with?

Thank you for your feedback. I may need to reconsider my decision...darn!

FE under new ownership is a great company now. I love mine!

Back