Lumin X1 doesn’t play songs

I see.

Please remember to reserve an IP address for the Lumin X1 in the router DHCP reservation table.

Why does an IP address need to be reserved? The network part works like a charm. I removed the Ethernet cable from the S1, installed it on the X1, and it worked. The Lumin app on my iPhone connected right to it.

Also, thanks for using the same iPhone app for both the S1 and X1.

The IP address of the library is stored in every (internal) URL entry of the playlist. That's just how UPnP audio works. In case of MinimServer, it's the IP address of the NAS or computer. In case of Lumin USB drive, it's the IP address of the Lumin. For the latter case we have a fallback mechanism if the router decides to give Lumin a different IP address, but that workaround does not always work for everybody's setup. This is not a Lumin specific limitation, it's the way how UPnP works, see https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=2980

Found another X1 bug.

On the iPhone 7 with latest Apple software the app works fine, and will display the playlist, and all the directories on the system.

With the iPad Mini and the latest Apple software it displays the playlist, but is blank for displaying all directories on system.

iPhone

03A94519-DDDA-4B27-9768-7A69C5436821.jpeg

iPad Mini

729B2D17-AD62-4031-B395-9CD32E2A8823.png

Please kill the app and retry. Select the X1 USB server as library again - the second screenshot shows a library is not selected or this setting is lost somehow. Thanks.

Back