Lumin U1

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

Ok, the Lumin U1 is working now!

I ran a 25 foot ethernet cable from another switch in another room to the U1 and it works fine so there is something going on with the switch at my audio rack. Interestingly, before I did that I did put the Lumin U1 in the place of another working device at my audio rack switch (my dac) using it's working ethernet cable and the Lumin was still not working.

Welcome to the forum. I had my house prewired (including Ethernet) and I have upgraded Ethernet cables going from the router (in my office) and then from the jack in back of my U1. If I move things around (e.g. dust), sometimes the connection to the wall jack will become slightly loose and I get the 'Network Error' message too.

Hi, wonder if someone can help me with this problem. I brought a chord Dave home for audition. I am unable to stream music with the USB connected to the Dave through my U1. I have tried everything possible including keeping the lumin unsampling off but just can’t get the Dave to play in the DAC mode

any compatibility issues that I am not aware of or am I doing something incorrectly. Grateful for some help

Hi, wonder if someone can help me with this problem. I brought a chord Dave home for audition. I am unable to stream music with the USB connected to the Dave through my U1. I have tried everything possible including keeping the lumin unsampling off but just can’t get the Dave to play in the DAC mode

any compatibility issues that I am not aware of or am I doing something incorrectly. Grateful for some help

Nope. We use that setup in the store all the time. Make sure the DAVE is set to USB input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. We use that setup in the store all the time. Make sure the DAVE is set to USB input.

I did. I cycled a couple of times to ensure it’s on USB. It shows as USB 768khz on the left hand top corner as per display1. But no music. Not sure if there is some setting in the Lumin U1 I am missing.

I did. I cycled a couple of times to ensure it’s on USB. It shows as USB 768khz on the left hand top corner as per display1. But no music. Not sure if there is some setting in the Lumin U1 I am missing.

You shouldn’t be on 768hz unless you have the M-Scaler or Blu2

Absolutely right! But it displays exactly that. There is no problem when I revert to my original DAC though. Strange!

Hi,

I pulled the trigger on the upgraded power supply for my U1. It’s now been about a month and it is fully run in. In short, the upgrade is unbelievable- honest to God I had not idea a power supply upgrade will throw such results. I can clearly hear more information, with a better soundstage which is separated incredibly well. And oh the bass! The delineation of the bass lines is uncanny! Anyway, I will stop here as it’s beginning to get too hyperbolic lest people should wonder whether I am being sincere. But yes, truly special imo.

i would recommend anyone sitting on the fence to take the plunge. Though expensive, it’s worth it

cheers

sujay

Hi, I should have mentioned....I upgraded to the new lumin X1 power supply which is available as an upgrade for U1 users as well

Hi, I should have mentioned....I upgraded to the new lumin X1 power supply which is available as an upgrade for U1 users as well

Hi, could you tell me what difference you noticed by changing the font, if there is a difference. Thank you.

Hi, could you tell me what difference you noticed by changing the font, if there is a difference. Thank you.

Changing the Font? I guess you mean changing the power supply? Yes if so, my impressions are there in my previous post (#110). Clearly I could hear more detail, better bass delineation and soundstage width and specificity. I presume it’s all to do with lowering the noise floor even further.

Changing the Font? I guess you mean changing the power supply? Yes if so, my impressions are there in my previous post (#110). Clearly I could hear more detail, better bass delineation and soundstage width and specificity. I presume it’s all to do with lowering the noise floor even further.

Yes, I was referring to the power supply. Thank you very much for the reply.

I recently bought a Lumin U1. Does anyone have experience with testing different cabling and cables (brands) between the streamer and Devialet 250 Expert Pro? I've read the balanced cabling could be preferred, but my DAC (Devialet) doesn't support DSD over AES/EBU. I believe RCA/coax OR USB would be the option for me. I really appreciate your opinions and comments.

Devialet Firmware 8.1.0 manual states that the "entire Expert range" supports DoP over USB, XLR, toslink and SPDIF. Since Lumin also supports DoP on all outputs, playback of DSD music should be ok regardless of which connection type you use.

Please try both AES and USB for 44.1kHz music and see which sounds better to you. Note that these must not be connected simultaneously.

Back