JOB Monoblocks

looking for small upgrades
What fuses would you guys recommend for the 250's and the pre?

With my Job 225 I used a Synergistic Research Red fuse with great results. Thought it was better than a Audio Magic Super fuse I had and the Red was cheaper...

Thanks for your insight.
I found an seller in europe that had the RED's for a good price. with the weak Euro i would have had to pay nearly double to get the Audio horizons fuses. unfortunatly the place did not stock the 1A slow blow version for the pre so i will have to get that later.

I opened up the fuseholder to measure the size to be sure it was indeed 20x5. strange it is not mentioned anywhere in the manual i guess it is common knowledge :).

thanks for all the Input everyone cant wait to hear them.

now the next mission is changing the stock cords.
I understand everyone who tried them likes te sweetcords. Unfortunately they only come with US plugs.
I really don't want to use some flimsy adapter. does anyone have good experience with other affordable cables and Job that do have and EU shuko version?
Making my own is an option only thing is I have no clue what would work well.
on another forum a member said that that furutech does not work so well with the jobs.
Anyway any input highly appreciated.

cheers!

Thanks for your insight.
I found an seller in europe that had the RED's for a good price. with the weak Euro i would have had to pay nearly double to get the Audio horizons fuses. unfortunatly the place did not stock the 1A slow blow version for the pre so i will have to get that later.

I opened up the fuseholder to measure the size to be sure it was indeed 20x5. strange it is not mentioned anywhere in the manual i guess it is common knowledge :).

thanks for all the Input everyone cant wait to hear them.

now the next mission is changing the stock cords.
I understand everyone who tried them likes te sweetcords. Unfortunately they only come with US plugs.
I really don't want to use some flimsy adapter. does anyone have good experience with other affordable cables and Job that do have and EU shuko version?
Making my own is an option only thing is I have no clue what would work well.
on another forum a member said that that furutech does not work so well with the jobs.
Anyway any input highly appreciated.

cheers!
Use the S-cords with adaptor …nothing will beat it.

Use the S-cords with adaptor …nothing will beat it.

Hi wisnon, I'd love to, thing is i havent really located a decent adapter yet. And since the chain is as strong as the weakest link im reluctant to buy a cheap flimsy one.

Another option would be using a small Us power distribution block with enchangable powercord. Only thing is the triple Ac enhancer has an shuko plug.

To make things even more complex im thinking about getting a line filter
Since i get a lot of clicks an pops here (on the amps) but finding a decent one on a budget is challenging.
Also the transformers have a soft hum which i can hear if no music is playing. I,m not sure if its caused by DC and if a dc blocker would help

Did anyone else notice the hum?

As you can see I ,ve got a lot of puzzling to do.

First world problems haha, I'll figure it out eventually

I didnt notice any transformer hum on the 250 but will revert when I get. I am also waiting for the HiFi tuning fuse to come, not sure how it compares.

Julyan..I had the 250s on demo for a month and used them with and without the S-cords.

Julyan..I had the 250s on demo for a month and used them with and without the S-cords.
Heard great things about the Sweetcords from others too. I've been searching for decent adapters but all the ones i found seemed cheaply made. I saw US>shuko on vhaudio and dedicatedaudio but they look pretty much the same as the 5$ ones.
Did you use standard adapters? Swiss has different plugs than shuko right?
and did you notice a slight hum in the transformer? I suspect I might have a DC problem on the mains if others don't have it.

Heard great things about the Sweetcords from others too. I've been searching for decent adapters but all the ones i found seemed cheaply made. I saw US>shuko on vhaudio and dedicatedaudio but they look pretty much the same as the 5$ ones.
and did you notice a slight hum in the transformer? I suspect I might have a DC problem on the mains if others don't have it.

Hey Julyan,

Pete Grzybowski at Triode Wire Labs has great power cables with the option of a Schuko plug.

Audiophile Cables - High End Power Cords - Welcome to Triode Wire Labs

How many hours do you have on the 250's and what's your impression so far?

No hum and I use standard type adapters…nothing fancy. Swiss is different, but my power strip is Schuko.

Try using S-cord without power conditioners. Goldmund gear does not normally react well to PCs, as they tend to kill the speed of the amps and perhaps shrink the bandwidth. The AC curator in the S-Cord tends to be all the line treatment needed.

Hey Julyan,

Pete Grzybowski at Triode Wire Labs has great power cables with the option of a Schuko plug.

Audiophile Cables - High End Power Cords - Welcome to Triode Wire Labs

How many hours do you have on the 250's and what's your impression so far?

Thanks for the link it looks indeed like decently priced good cables I think however Wisnon has convinced me to go for the sweetcords.

I have them since around half February they have been practically on most of the time and often but not always they are also playing music in the background. i didn't time the hours but its probably somewhere in between 200-400 hours if not more.
always find it hard to describe sound since words can have so many meanings and i have not heard many other systems for reference (at least the ones that fit in living rooms :P).
but i'd say the sound is open ,lots of texture, fast ,lots of space around the instrument and very transparent. it doesnt sugar coat anything bad recording will sound bad. they dont seem to break a sweat at my normal listening levels and probably wont at much higher levels either. nice solid and tight bass and much more even sounding than the little naim nait 5i that i was using before.

No hum and I use standard type adapters…nothing fancy. Swiss is different, but my power strip is Schuko.

Try using S-corfd without power conditioners. Goldmund gear does not normally react well to PCs, as they tend to kill the speed of the amps and perhaps shrink the bandwidth. The AC curator in the SCord tends to be all the line treatment needed.
i was considering something like an DC blocker tho I'm not 100%sure if it would change anything so i will be sure to try the Sweetcords first.
found a document on AC curator on the Goldmund site but it only makes me more confused on what it is exactly,In the Sweetcord i thought at first it was some attenuator molded in the plug, also they state if i understand correctly they don't use it for amplifiers. but it might they arefering to something else. maybe i need to try read it again when I'm more awake :lol:
link: Goldmund - Technologies

Julyan, I can only heard the hum when my ear is physically on the amp.
thanks for trying. mine is a little louder tho i will never hear it when music is playing only when its silent.

"but i'd say the sound is open ,lots of texture, fast ,lots of space around the instrument and very transparent. it doesnt sugar coat anything bad recording will sound bad. they dont seem to break a sweat at my normal listening levels and probably wont at much higher levels either. nice solid and tight bass and much more even sounding than the little naim nait 5i that i was using before."

I have found this to be true as well. I dont know much more about the Curator tech myself, except that it's mechanical not electronic. Its supposed to stabilize voltage fluctuations in the grid. The best thing for you is that they are not expensive and so well regarded that if in the 1% case you dont like them, there is a ready 2nd hand market for them ... as Goldmund occasionally sells out of the between batches.

You can also try with and without DC blocekr and see what you think. If you are not using tube preamps, then likely this wont ever be needed.

oh did i forgot to mention nice dynamics?

I just bought a 2ndhand vibex Two 6r from Germany. if it doesn't work out a can always sell it on. its a distribution block with build in DC block.
There was a 6moons review of it a while ago. 6moons audio reviews: Vibex Two 1R I will let know once its arrived all that is left to do is get a cable for the Vibex.

Thanks everyone for the input!
now the waiting game begins :baby:

I have a Pair of Audio Physic Scorpio II's in route to me and I think that I might order a pair of JOB 250 mono's to take my rig to the next level.thanks, William
I'm thinking about buying Audio Physic Sitara 25 Plus+ and JOB. I'm waiting for the announced integrated JOB which should be released very soon, so I'll end up buying either that one or JOB 225. What do you think about that combination, JOB + Audio Physic? Thanks :)

What are the specs of the Audio Physics?

I don't recommend speakers below 3 ohms or below very high 80's to 90+ db efficient .

Back