HDMI Cables

• Thread starter Thread starter mauidan
  • Start date Start date
I hadn't either until I got a 4K TV and actually watched a program in 2160 resolution. When I loaded Spiderman in Ultra HD and only got 1080, I started to do research to see why.

In order to get 4K, you need to have make sure that all cables in the chain can pass 4K.
Many older cables (but not all) can pass 4K. But if you want to be certain, you can buy newer HDMI cables that are certified to pass 4K.
Price has nothing to do with picture or sound quality. If the cable is able to pass the resolution you want, it will look the same as any other cable that can pass the resolution you want, regardless of price.

I ordered my new 4K TV and then I started to read up on the cables needed. I got mostly Audioquest cables. Cinnamon for the cable box to the TV and from the receiver to the TV. Then Audioquest Forest from the receiver to the Ultra HD BluRay player and from the receiver to the Roku. All toll I probably put out $500 in new cabling.

Does anyone have any experience with Furutech's NCF HDMI top cable?

FURUTECH HF-X NCF: ULTRA HIGH-SPEED HDMI™ V2.1 CABLE (8K/60p;4K/120p/48Gbps)

I have a need for 3 that will be used strictly for passing digital signals (no video at present time); in the event they
are superseded, I want to be left with a cable that could be redeployed to video and video+audio needs elsewhere
in the house so I do care about spec compliance.

HF-X NCF | FURUTECH

Back