Have tubes saved my TADs ? ...

maqy4e6a.jpg

My two cents (and that's worth what you paid for it) - is that its time to move on.

My two cents (and that's worth what you paid for it) - is that its time to move on.
Lmao !!!!! By Saturday night your gonna have d1's
And wave40s on order, and looking for someone to take the tads and the evos off you hands !!!

Lmao !!!!! By Saturday night your gonna have d1's
And wave40s on order, and looking for someone to take the tads and the evos off you hands !!!

Steve is vying for title of El Predicto! I wouldn't bet against him.

Joe has lots of good tube gear to make those wave40's sing. Of course a couple Absolares might be just the ticket! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG!!!!!

Something is clearly different tonight. I don't know why or how, but it sounds incredible. The EAR 868 driving the ART monos on my TADs. WTF?!!!! Dammit, I need sleep but can't. I am nuts. Certifiable.

I think some break in is going on. I am a happy man.

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!

Something is clearly different tonight. I don't know why or how, but it sounds incredible. The EAR 868 driving the ART monos on my TADs. WTF?!!!! Dammit, I need sleep but can't. I am nuts. Certifiable.

My two cents is that you have magic right now. If you change anything, speakers, amps, pre's, Dsd, cables AND match things correctly (meaning to your preferences), then you will get more magic. Imho you won't really get more magic or better sound if you change things it will just be different, like you said in your op. It's ok to change things if you happen to like variety (the spice of life), but once you have a magical sounding system which is providing magic for you, then changing anything is just on the quest for something different, not something better. If you understand this and it makes sense to you then it's fun, but to change for something "better" I believe is an illusion.

Bob

I do understand and know you are 100% correct. I am so looking forward to seeing you again on Saturday. Thank you for all your advice.

Bob

I do understand and know you are 100% correct. I am so looking forward to seeing you again on Saturday. Thank you for all your advice.

So happy that you are coming back over....can't wait to see you guys and have more FUN, FUN, FUN:exciting::woot::audiophile:

Btw, I bet your system sounds INCREDIBLE right now!!!!!

I really want to hear the Sound Kaos speakers. I have a feeling that they are pretty special. Overall, I am ecstatic. How can I not be?

So happy that you are coming back over....can't wait to see you guys and have more FUN, FUN, FUN:exciting::woot::audiophile:

Btw, I bet your system sounds INCREDIBLE right now!!!!!

So true. Fun is the key!

My two cents is that you have magic right now. If you change anything, speakers, amps, pre's, Dsd, cables AND match things correctly (meaning to your preferences), then you will get more magic. Imho you won't really get more magic or better sound if you change things it will just be different, like you said in your op. It's ok to change things if you happen to like variety (the spice of life), but once you have a magical sounding system which is providing magic for you, then changing anything is just on the quest for something different, not something better. If you understand this and it makes sense to you then it's fun, but to change for something "better" I believe is an illusion.

Back