GAT and ART monos are home .....

Thanks Doug.

KT120. Eight per amp.

OMG! is sounds freaking awesome. I do have a very low level hum. it's barely audible from my listening position with nothing playing. When there's music. Holy cow! There's a fullness and naturalness that is incredible. The music is there in front of me.

Joe,
Take all the tubes out and re install them back again
Verify no PC is on parallel with your tube amps PC
Maybe some oxygen is still on some tubes, let it burn for a few hours.

Let me know if the Hum is out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

That cheater plug is from the original ac lines I had in my room. Those outlets are still active. I had 4 dedicated 20A lines run. Two behind the stereo and one on the left side of the room and one on the right side of the room. I am going to try cheater plugs tomorrow just to see if the hum goes away entirely.

Even if I don't reduce it entirely, the GAT and ART combo is stunning. It sounds like real music in my room, not a facsimile.

Thank you Nelson. I'll reseat the tubes tomorrow. I put one PS Audio Humbuster 3 on each amp and the hum has subsided but it's not entirely gone.

Joe,
Take all the tubes out and re install them back again
Verify no PC is on parallel with your tube amps PC
Maybe some oxygen is still on some tubes, let it burn for a few hours.

Let me know if the Hum is out

That cheater plug is from the original ac lines I had in my room. Those outlets are still active. I had 4 dedicated 20A lines run. Two behind the stereo and one on the left side of the room and one on the right side of the room. I am going to try cheater plugs tomorrow just to see if the hum goes away entirely.

Even if I don't reduce it entirely, the GAT and ART combo is stunning. It sounds like real music in my room, not a facsimile.

Tubes tubes tubes tubes tubes
I LOVE THE SOUND OF THE TUBES !!!
And your new gear have the old style sound that nobody wants to forget.
You are a lucky guy, keep sharing your experience with us

I always get that with new tubes. The occasional pop too. It could be a problem but probably not and will work itself out. Glad you like what you hear!!!!!!!! I bet it's sweet!

Thank you Nelson :heart:

I have music in my room, the goosebumps are starting again.

I always get that with new tubes. The occasional pop too. It could be a problem but probably not and will work itself out. Glad you like what you hear!!!!!!!! I bet it's sweet!

Steve,

Sweet as can be. It's almost an emotional experience. I am a happy camper.

When's the last time you had tube amps Joe? (other than the Carver's)

I never had anything this powerful tube-wise. I had the MV-60 CJ amp. I am trying to remember what else I had. There were so many pieces through here.

Thanks Rick!

Could someone scrape me off the ceiling. I'm stuck :)

Joe, I'm thinking an 8 watt flea amp and a pair of horns... :snicker:

KCCT82_Room.jpg

Joe, what's with the cheater plug in your photo? You know that's not the proper way to get rid of a ground loop hum. :P

After seeing that room it is a shame that the term "Valhalla" was wasted on speakers cables. Wow!!!

Thank you Bob!

I can not wait to get home and flip on my room heaters, err, stereo system. I can not tell you how profoundly better the music sounds. It's just incredible. So what I change tubes every 4-6 months. It's worth it. It's like getting a new amp every time I re-tube.

Thank you Bob!

I can not wait to get home and flip on my room heaters, err, stereo system. I can not tell you how profoundly better the music sounds. It's just incredible. So what I change tubes every 4-6 months. It's worth it. It's like getting a new amp every time I re-tube.

:lol:

Who doesn't like a nice hot sauna!

Back