First new toy of 2017 - Musical Paradise MP-D2

I forgot to add in your pm, is there a switch on the back of your cd player to specify the digital output? What cdp make/model?

Also, make sure the pre-out light is not lit if you are using it direct to preamp. Check the volume if your are using the pre out function too.

Also, make sure the switches next to the outputs are correct, low for RCA and high for XLR.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

help, just hooked up the dac using coaxial from my cdp and i get no sound.
what's up?

Last edited:
cd player cayin 100i, no switch on the back. gain set to low. not using the pre, light is out.

Are all the tubes lit up? If they are check your connections as it is easy to put the cables in the preamp outs instead of the DAC outputs. Ask me how I know.

Are all the tubes lit up? If they are check your connections as it is easy to put the cables in the preamp outs instead of the DAC outputs. Ask me how I know.

tubes lit, correct jacks.
i wonder if the tube switch on the motherboard is set correctly.

Pop the lid and look, did you order it stock? If so they should both be set on the 6 volt setting. If not the rectifier would be on the 5AR4 setting.

bad rec. tube? i have a 5aw4 rec. tube for my preamp that stop putting out any output but it lights up.
will a 5aw4 work in the dac?

You can try it but change the rectifier setting to the 5ar4 position. The only preamp I am aware of that used that tube is deHavilland.

Pull all the tubes out one at a time and re-seat them. It is a long ride from Taiwan and one may have come unseated.

tried another dac and i am getting a signal from my cdp coax out. going to re-seat the tubes now.

NEVER MIND...... OLD AGE!!!!!! SHE'S UP AND RUNNING, AND RUNNING PRETTY GOOD!

hate to say this but without thinking or looking i assumed the center input rca was for coax:disbelief: and it took me for ever to figure it out!

Excellent, glad you are up and running.

Soooooo, how's the sound?

detailed, open midrange, neutral to slightly warm, tight articulate bass. the speed is quite good (of the toe tapping variety).
getting layers in the midrange. goes great with the dehavilland pre and ayre power amp.
loving it so far.

Re: First new toy of 2017 - Estimated Delivery: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 By End of Day

Lol , i thought we were punking Norman ..... :)
Hey, I didn't see this. I just might hex your amp...nah couldn't be that cruel! LoL

Brucelet has a Lampi and is close to Joe, so he can go compare if he likes. I am sure its a lot of Dac for the money, but the Lampi circuit and the DHTs are big differentiators. Plus there are no Dac chips in my GG...PCM and DSD chipless. Ha!

from what I see and have read, a tube dac where a person has the opportunity to roll rectifier and output tubes and change output capacitors all for under $2k is a nice find and a good way to introduce someone to a tube DAC without paying $4K and up. And it comes with a pretty nice DAC chip. I think its cool.

Back