Does Corus match with my power-amp?

hongkong - What you describe is a common situation when a brand initially changes its distribution. Hopefully Rowland selected a reliable new distributor but it may take some time for them to establish relationships with new dealers to properly support the brand. Unfortunately for most audiophiles like us patience is not one of our strengths when we yearn for new gear. :(

I just borrow a friend’s Capri preamp to my home last week to test the sound. Wah! it really match with my Electrocompaniet power-amp, it sound very since. So I think if Capri can match my power-amp, then Corus should even sound much better.

Corus has a low output impedance of 60 Ohms on both balanced XLR and single-ended RCA outputs... As such, it will be very compatible with your amp.

Yes, you will find all aspects of audible performance of Corus to be superior to the Capri S2, and even more so to the original Capri.

What is even more intriguing is that the performance of Corus soars even much further if you feed it through the Rowland Power Storage Unit (PSU)... This is a full chassis power supply based on ultra-capacitors which isolates Corus circuitry completely from the dirty AC grid by converting AC into DC, storing the DC, and feeding the uncontaminated DC to Corus... I use PSU on my Rowland Aeris, and results are incredible to say the least.

Regards, Guido

Hello
i have a Corus but no the psu.
I have a great opportunity to buy block mono amplifier Accuphase A-200.
so is it a good idea to change the model Jeff Rowland Model 625?
Thanks

Hello HongKong.

What is making you consider an upgrade from Rowland 625? Power? Resolution?

For one thing, the Accuphase A200 seens to deliver 100W in stereo mode over 8 Ohms.... All I found is that in mono mode, the amp would deliver "even more".... THis suggest that power would not double in mono/bridged mode.

Conversely, the original model of M625, delivers 300W over 8 Ohms. The S2 version outputs 325W/8 and 600W/4.

The S2 version is much enhanced over the original, which was already a stupendous device.... Is your 625 an original model? If you call your dealer or distributor, they can arrange for the upgrade to S2 status. Not sure what the upgrade price might be in France, but I know it is quite reasonable in the US.

If you needed even more power than the Rowland M625 S2, the new Rowland M535 in mono mode will deliver 900W/8.... All reports I have heard about this amp point to it being quite spectacular. I may be receiving a unit to evaluate in the next few weeks, and will post my detailed findings on Audioshark.

Regards, Guido

I am not sure if you would find the Accuphase A-200 to be an upgrade from the Rowland M625... Even if your M625 unit were an original model, and not the much enhanced M625 S2.

would

Hello HongKong.

What is making you consider an upgrade from Rowland 625? Power? Resolution?

For one thing, the Accuphase A200 seens to deliver 100W in stereo mode over 8 Ohms.... All I found is that in mono mode, the amp would deliver "even more".... THis suggest that power would not double in mono/bridged mode.

Conversely, the original model of M625, delivers 300W over 8 Ohms. The S2 version outputs 325W/8 and 600W/4.

The S2 version is much enhanced over the original, which was already a stupendous device.... Is your 625 an original model? If you call your dealer or distributor, they can arrange for the upgrade to S2 status. Not sure what the upgrade price might be in France, but I know it is quite reasonable in the US.

If you needed even more power than the Rowland M625 S2, the new Rowland M535 in mono mode will deliver 900W/8.... All reports I have heard about this amp point to it being quite spectacular. I may be receiving a unit to evaluate in the next few weeks, and will post my detailed findings on Audioshark.

Regards, Guido

I am not sure if you would find the Accuphase A-200 to be an upgrade from the Rowland M625... Even if your M625 unit were an original model, and not the much enhanced M625 S2.

would

Hello Guido,

Thanks for your answer.
I'm not research more power.
Mine is an original.
I have Infinity Kappa 100.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Thanh-Binh

Hello HongKong, if power is no concern, upgrading your original M625 to S2 status is the way to go.... All who have performed the upgrade have been amazed at the result... Jeff has added 4-pole Jensen capacitors in the power supply, and changed all boards to very low dyelectric ceramic boards.... But most of all, has designed for S2 a brand new circuit subsystem that reduces distortions to unmeasurable levels.

Regards, Guido

HongKong......I owned the original 625 and had Jeff upgrade it to 625 S2. It improved on an already superlative amp with more transparency and even better bass. Unless one is needing more power/current than the 625 S2 provides, I think it is about as good as a stereo amp can get.

TD

Hi HongKong, will you be getting PSU for your Corus?

Regards, Guido

Sorry, just see now your question.

I have no bought the PSU for my CORUS....Any dealer in France ????? There is the distributor AlterAudio, but anybody works with him and JR ???? Why ? Curious ? Before distributor JR was PPL Audio for France.
I will go to the High End Munich in may. JR are there. Perhaps, I buy it in Germany...
I have send an e-mail to JR in USA today. I must wait 3 to 5 days...

If there are a bundle AERIUS + PSU, there is a probleme for me...LOL...

I just borrow a friend’s Capri preamp to my home last week to test the sound. Wah! it really match with my Electrocompaniet power-amp, it sound very since. So I think if Capri can match my power-amp, then Corus should even sound much better.

I have compared Capri and PROCEED PRE.... I can say, I have heard no difference....but between CORUS and PROCEED PRE, there are a big big big difference....So...I think you will happy with....

HongKong......I owned the original 625 and had Jeff upgrade it to 625 S2. It improved on an already superlative amp with more transparency and even better bass. Unless one is needing more power/current than the 625 S2 provides, I think it is about as good as a stereo amp can get.

TD

When I bought 625, the price is the same than in USA and in France....Now, the price is double for ... 625 S2

Can someone give me the price in USA for :
- JR AERIUS
- JR PSU

Price are with or without taxes ?

Thank you very much.

Hello HongKong, PSU can be purchased either bundled, or unbundled:

* Bundled with Corus,
* Bundled with the Aeris DAC,
On its own.

Each Rowland national distributor manages its own dealer network... The Rowland factory does not determine which dealers there are in Countries outside the USA. So, for France, you should call Alter Audio and speak to Sebastien:

ALTER AUDIO
231 Rue Saint Honore
75001 Paris
France
Tel: +33 (0) 1 7379 1818
Fax: +33 (0) 1 3429 4920
[email protected]
www.alteraudio.fr

Salut, Guido

Hello HongKong, PSU can be purchased either bundled, or unbundled:

* Bundled with Corus,
* Bundled with the Aeris DAC,
On its own.

Each Rowland national distributor manages its own dealer network... The Rowland factory does not determine which dealers there are in Countries outside the USA. So, for France, you should call Alter Audio and speak to Sebastien:

ALTER AUDIO
231 Rue Saint Honore
75001 Paris
France
Tel: +33 (0) 1 7379 1818
Fax: +33 (0) 1 3429 4920
[email protected]
www.alteraudio.fr

Salut, Guido

Thanks, but that what I say...Distributor without any store in Paris with JR ???

Hello HongKong, I have not spoken to Alter, so I do not know where the Rowland dealers are in France.

Have you spoken to Sebastien at all, and asked him where you can purchase Rowland equipment in Paris??

Salut, Guido

Back