Dartzeel CTH8550

Well, Ken, are you suggesting to assess a 20 KUSD integrated based on a 40 KUSD power amp's performance, just because they are the same brand? The NHB-108 is a totally different beast from the CTH8550.

Kuoppis,

I am not suggesting anything. I'm merely conveying my experience auditioning the Dart NHB-108. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides, a used NHB-108 can be picked up on Audiogon for a reasonable price.

Ken

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your response.

I'm definitely looking at the CTH as I have 2 dacs that I wish to use.

The LHC looks a great little unit and if I was setting up a second system with a eye to keeping things simple I would look at it along with Devialet and a few other all in ones.

Have you tried the Dartzeel with Wilson Benesch speakers by any chance?

Hi Bob!

I've always been curious with these recent Wilson Benesch speakers, particularly this one you have! I've checked the specs, and they are 6 ohm nominal and 4 ohm minimum, so even the NHB-108 will have an easy time with them, so the CTH should be plenty!

Just for comparison, the YGs we tried were 4 ohm nominal with dips down to around 2 ohm.

I see now you have a Diablo... Well, a good friend back in Brazil just upgraded his Diablo to a CTH :) He's extremely happy with it! He has big Dali speakers...

cheers,
alex

Kuoppis,

I am not suggesting anything. I'm merely conveying my experience auditioning the Dart NHB-108. Nothing more, nothing less. Besides, a used NHB-108 can be picked up on Audiogon for a reasonable price.

Ken

Fair enough. I did not mean to sound rude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would sound fantastic on your S3s, Dan. I've even compared it directly to the 2x priced Dagostino and much preferred the Dart unless you need insane power.

Keith,

I'm sure it would sound great, but I'd never own anything distributed by JT.

I ended up going with the darTZeel CTH8550 and I don't regret it [emoji3]
Big upgrade from my previous amps.
Thanks all for your input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1!

Congratulations on the 8550. That's one I'd love to hear.

Thanks Joe! It really is a lovely amp.

I tried it with both Vitus and TAD dac's and they both matched really well. The Vitus being a bit more laid back but very enjoyable. The TAD added more detail/resolution. Could easily live with either.

Congratulations, Bob! Great acquisition!
Depending on your source/speakers, play a little with the adjustable gain (which can be set on each input, -10 to +10dB).

cheers,
alex

Thanks Alex, I am using balanced connection and I put the gain to +10.
Sounding great [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fe8ed228f490d1ad783abc8e9ea6eb9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6382.JPG
    IMG_6382.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_6463.JPG
    IMG_6463.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_6386.JPG
    IMG_6386.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 202
Wow, you got one of the rare black ones!!! Funny how a simple color change makes the amp look completely different!

I love that he calls the volume control the "Pleasure Control." If you want more pleasure, you have to turn it up. So true since there is always a point where you need to turn the volume control in order to achieve something that sounds realistic.

Wow, you got one of the rare black ones!!! Funny how a simple color change makes the amp look completely different!

I had the choice and went with the black, unit was made to order.. I personally was leaning towards the gold but my partner was a part of the decision making process. Lets just say I wasn't going to win that one.

Back