D’Agostino M400 monos are absolutely wonderful ...

Congrats Joe! Now all you need is a pair of Wilson’s! 🤓

What I decided to do was instead of the Raidho D5/Dag system being my #1 system and the Volti/Border Patrol being my second system that I would make the AG/Border Patrol my first system and the D5/Diablo my second system. So I should off the Dag's and preamp to pay for the AGs.

That leaves the Voltis odd man out. So what happens to them?

I've owned both the M300 and now the M400. The upgrade was worth the price of admission. When I hooked them up to the Magico M3's I realized I had spent my last dollars on stereo gear. There is no place else to go. With a decent recording, I am in the club, live. The files are now the limiting factor. The gear has reached it's zenith.

Cincy

That's great!

A few things that I notice about the M400s is the bigness of the sound stage, air and 3D of the music - meaning instruments and vocals are precise and easy to pick out, bass lines are CLEARLY defined and specific, as the music gets louder it just gets bigger and fills the room, great vocals - smooth and sweet top end, wonderful full (meaty) tone and a toe tapping prat.

I've owned both the M300 and now the M400. The upgrade was worth the price of admission. When I hooked them up to the Magico M3's I realized I had spent my last dollars on stereo gear. There is no place else to go. With a decent recording, I am in the club, live. The files are now the limiting factor. The gear has reached it's zenith.

Cincy

That's great!

A few things that I notice about the M400s is the bigness of the sound stage, air and 3D of the music - meaning instruments and vocals are precise and easy to pick out, bass lines are CLEARLY defined and specific, as the music gets louder it just gets bigger and fills the room, great vocals - smooth and sweet top end, wonderful full (meaty) tone and a toe tapping prat.

I can relate to your findings while listening. The Progressions are similar. I believe it's the power supplies. I have never had an amp that plays at a realistic level and instruments remain in their space. I imagine it even better with the M400's.

Thanks!

How do you like the Ref 10 with your Progression monos? I'm trying to be good but find myself thinking about the Ref 10 or similar. I love my Luxman but can't help myself.

I can relate to your findings while listening. The Progressions are similar. I believe it's the power supplies. I have never had an amp that plays at a realistic level and instruments remain in their space. I imagine it even better with the M400's.

Joe,

Congrats on your M400's and welcome to the club. I've got 5 of them in my multi-channel setup. I, too, have had lots of other amps, tube and SS, and these are by far the best of the best!

As for preamps, I had an ARC Ref6 at first and it sounded great, but when I dropped in the D'Ag pre.....game over. The synergy is mind boggling. But for me, I feel the best product in the momentum line is the phono stage. Words can't explain how good it is.

Enjoy your new amps in good health, as I'm sure you will. I've heard nothing better. The finesse and control they offer from top to bottom is just AWESOME!

Best,
Scott

:heart::heart::heart:

I love the SF Il Cremonese (and my friend is about to buy them) but surely with that D’Ags ssetup you must be tempted to upgrade to the Magico M6?

:heart::heart::heart:

I love the SF Il Cremonese (and my friend is about to buy them) but surely with that D’Ags ssetup you must be tempted to upgrade to the Magico M6?

Perhaps Wilson's down the road. For now, I'm in love with the Sf sound.

Cincy

A good place to be ............. should hold you for at least a couple years ... :)

I know this will be controversial (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc) but IMHO going from goregeous SF to Wilsons is, well... Am commenting only on my personal aesthetic here. I have never listened to Wilsons. :popcorn:

Back