Beware of smart TVs

Interesting, I have the 42" XBR4 from same time period and it just won't die. Picture is same as when new. It does have USB input for Pics but won't recognize large drives. I have no SAT or Cable and get at least 65 OTA channels from my roof antenna.

I just saw the typo .but yeah it's 15 + years and going strong. The blacks are as good as any 4K I have owned except for the one plasma I had back in 2012

@Shadowfax,. This is a great thread! I have no internet or cable also only this smartphone. Which is full of corporate spyware. People need to wake up! I'm afraid that way too many are sheep, and have bought into the machine!

Last edited:
@Shadowfax,. This is a great thread! I have no internet or cable also only this smartphone. Which is full of corporate spyware. People need to wake up! I'm afraid that way too many are sheep, and have bought into the machine!

I am still using a 15 year old Motorola Razer and only turn on my Corp iPhone 10 for 2 factor authentication when logging into 2 pharma company systems. VPNs on all my home PCs. I do have a Samsung Smart TV in the bedroom but it is not connected to my network and is rarely on.

One could use a satellite phone completely off the grid of the cell phone towers but then you got to deal with the satellites which are monitored by the government no matter what they tell you

Back