Axpona 2017

I live about 25 minutes away from it. I think Friday and Sunday I should be able to go.

Taking part in AXPONA. Had been discussing a lot where to go AXPONA or RMAF, AXPONA seemed better. People say that last year RMAF was a mess!

I am going. Been there the last three years. The evening concerts are a real benefit since I don't know where to go after 6:00pm. Chicago can be a dangerous place lately.

Taking part in AXPONA. Had been discussing a lot where to go AXPONA or RMAF, AXPONA seemed better. People say that last year RMAF was a mess!

RMAF is by all accounts a very well run show with good attendance. Last year was an anomaly due to an extensive hotel renovation that was not completed on time. Do not use 2016 as a barometer.

I like the concerts as well, I got to meet Patricia Barber, and last year I met the Jazz organist while getting her to sign a CD, unfortunately the name escapes me. Of course, I got one signed by PB. Lynn Stanley is usually there, she occasionally breaks into song but I haven't seen her do a show.

You show a Coda amp CSX, my friend had a Coda amp but I thought it was CVX, I could be mistaken, if it's the same amp it's something special. It was a huge upgrade from the prior Coda and killer at it's price.

I am going. Been there the last three years. The evening concerts are a real benefit since I don't know where to go after 6:00pm. Chicago can be a dangerous place lately.

Some of the large rooms in the basement are good. A few smart rooms do some room treatment. I believe it's in the set up and execution though, companies like Sanders, Sonist Audio and several others were able to sound great in a typical room.

I will be there. I always enjoy this show. Not as large as RMAF, but big enough. Venue is perfect and the short travel time is appealing.

Just booked my travel for Axpona. Looking forward to a great show, music and friends.

So, what will be on the menu for Axpona?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am really looking forward to Axpona. It appears that there are so many exhibits that I couldn't possibly see everything. I guess I will have to prioritize based on the rooms I'm most interested in.

Ken

I noticed Herron Audio will be there, room 534. Several years ago, his was one of my favorite systems - absolutely MUSICAL sounding gear, and a heck of a knowledgable guy.

I'm looking forward to listening there for sure. :tup:

Back