Axpona 2015 Pics

I brought roots singer Rhiannon Giddens' solo debut, Tomorrow is My Turn. I also brought post-post-punk bright light Ty Segall's recent Manipulator record. Both have great voices in addition to a complex variety of instruments in operation.

What did everyone who went to the show bring to listen to?

I brought 2 reels, 2 track / 15 ips with a mix all made from master protection copies:

This Song is Over - The Who
Games People Play - Alan Parsons Project
The Wheel - Jerry Garcia
Everyone's Going to the Movies - Steely Dan
Masters of War - Dylan
Blue Train - Coltrane
Moritat- Rollins

I brought 2 reels, 2 track / 15 ips with a mix all made from master protection copies:

This Song is Over - The Who
Games People Play - Alan Parsons Project
The Wheel - Jerry Garcia
Everyone's Going to the Movies - Steely Dan
Masters of War - Dylan
Blue Train - Coltrane
Moritat- Rollins

Are you the guy who brought the tape on the small plastic reel? If so, I heard parts of it in Greg Beron's room.

Take it with a grain of salt (I'm a manufacturer), but I heard them Sunday without anyone else in room. Thought they sounded pretty good, with the exception of the bass. Not sure if it was the setup or whats going on there with that subwoofer aperture thing from a physics perspective, but the bass didn't seem quite right to me. However, I'm not immune to sighted biases, so that could explain it also.

cheers,

AJ

Lots of Dire Straights, which I am fine of! ;) Most of the time it is usually well recorded. Holly Cole, and band called London Grammar which was very good I heard a few times so I went out and bought the CD.

0e584468b271e270e47240530d666e28.jpg
6f0759851c8110be85bf9b5b49017ad4.jpg

Okay...all this audiophile snobbery around...but I have to say the HSU $159 a pair speakers off an Onkyo surround amp was amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww, a showing by a company I know well....finally! So nice to see the unsung at a show where they deserve to be.
Yes, the right-hand man at the company was mentioning the thousands of rolling eyes snobs passing by the room with only the occasional open-minded stopping in even if for a short time. (Thank you Mike, Dr. HSU appreciates you stopping in). Because HSU has never gotten much exposure, people don't realize they make high-end subs, (their entire line of them). That also trickles down to their bookshelf speakers in some way. I can't stand horns, but I demoed these and you can't hear the horns if you know what I mean, I don't know how they did that. If I needed a pair of small bookshelf speakers these would be on my short list.
Imagine what they would sound like off something a little higher up the food chain from an Onkyo. I've heard them off an Anthem before too.

Mike ,

Getting your room done ...? :)

Yes! Measurements were done last week. I now better understand their philosophy. It's a complete room approach....not just this piece meal stuff we are fed by other companies and left on our own to "figure it out". For example, I bought some tube traps last year and was basically left to my own to "figure it out". Lots of "try it this way, well, and if that doesn't work, try them this way..." Most of those tube traps are in my storage unit now. The owner of Resolution Acoustics is all about treating the ENTIRE room, with measurements and specific direction.

Back