AV RoomService-EVP (Equipment Vibration Protectors)

How much do your subs weigh? The Music Room in Colorado has good prices on the Gaia models and HiFi Shark is a good place to watch for the used and sometimes new market.

Each sub weights 84 pounds plus 34 pounds for the sub platform - 118 pounds for each channel.

If that platform’s bottom has threaded holes then Gaia 1’s would work. The Music Room advertises them for $430/4 (hifishark.com) and you might do better asking them what they’d be willing to do for 8. That’s a lot of weight, and I can’t imagine Iso-pucks or Oreas cutting it sonically. Beyond that, the Townshend platform products are very well regarded, but they are out of England, so the importer adds a cut. Home | speaker isolation.

I’ve been considering them for placement under my new subs. At $189 ea for the 4” product (I need 8) I’m likely to pursue a different solution. Maybe I’ll give the ISO Acosutics ISO-Pucks or the Orea Bourdeax a try.

Mike,
You could also potentially use 2 of the new EVP Platform, one under the front of the sub and one at the back, rather than four, one at each corner. I'd price them out and see what's least expensive. Also, I know these are somewhat pricey for the 4" square versions, but my recommendation is to order them and try them out.

Here's something to consider: Yes, they're a bit pricey at $189/each for the 4" square versions, but here's the deal...they are WAY less expensive than having your room re-constructed to solve the same exactly problems these will solve by putting them under your sub.

They come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can use them for 30-days, and if they don't work out, return them for a full refund.

Oh, and for a sub, the correct IsoAcoustic footer is an Gaia II or Gaia I, depending on the weight of the sub. I don't think the ISO-Pucks are designed to support the weight of your subs. Moreover, the Orea are for components, the Gaia series are for speakers and subs. Different products for different applications.

Please keep us apprised of what you decide, and what works out for you, but I will say that putting these under my sub made one of the biggest improvements I've ever made to my system because they made the room considerably quieter.

Cheers! ;)

If that platform’s bottom has threaded holes then Gaia 1’s would work. The Music Room advertises them for $430/4 (hifishark.com) and you might do better asking them what they’d be willing to do for 8. That’s a lot of weight, and I can’t imagine Iso-pucks or Oreas cutting it sonically. Beyond that, the Townshend platform products are very well regarded, but they are out of England, so the importer adds a cut. Home | speaker isolation.

You're correct, the Iso-Pucks or Oreas won't work for this application. I'm with you, thinking Orea 1 or Orea II will be the correct footer.

That's my experience with vibration feet too.

It depends. Three feet work great on turntables, because its impossible to rock a tripod.

Also, my Lampizator DAC comes with 3 feet as the standard set-up. Works well in that application, too.

I use 3 with my Lampi TRP too, but that's only because I'm hesitant to take off the feet that come with, which are supposed to be an isolating product. I use four under everything else, though, based on comparisons.

I think you meant Gaia I or II. If you check the weights, the II only goes up to 121 lbs/4. What I learned using III's (72 lbs max) under 68 lb speakers, running close to the limit doesn't cut it. The EVP's provided easily superior isolation to the III's in that situation. Sean Morrison of Isoacoustics had suggested them, then later apologized for misguiding me, saying leave at least 10%. My thinking is more leeway. In any case, I have a set of II's and may give them a try one of these days.

I use 3 with my Lampi TRP too, but that's only because I'm hesitant to take off the feet that come with, which are supposed to be an isolating product. I use four under everything else, though, based on comparisons.

I think you meant Gaia I or II. If you check the weights, the II only goes up to 121 lbs/4. What I learned using III's (72 lbs max) under 68 lb speakers, running close to the limit doesn't cut it. The EVP's provided easily superior isolation to the III's in that situation. Sean Morrison of Isoacoustics had suggested them, then later apologized for misguiding me, saying leave at least 10%. My thinking is more leeway. In any case, I have a set of II's and may give them a try one of these days.

Those Lampi DACs are pretty sweet, aren't they? ;)

Mike,
You could also potentially use 2 of the new EVP Platform, one under the front of the sub and one at the back, rather than four, one at each corner. I'd price them out and see what's least expensive. Also, I know these are somewhat pricey for the 4" square versions, but my recommendation is to order them and try them out.

Here's something to consider: Yes, they're a bit pricey at $189/each for the 4" square versions, but here's the deal...they are WAY less expensive than having your room re-constructed to solve the same exactly problems these will solve by putting them under your sub.

They come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can use them for 30-days, and if they don't work out, return them for a full refund.

Oh, and for a sub, the correct IsoAcoustic footer is an Gaia II or Gaia I, depending on the weight of the sub. I don't think the ISO-Pucks are designed to support the weight of your subs. Moreover, the Orea are for components, the Gaia series are for speakers and subs. Different products for different applications.

Please keep us apprised of what you decide, and what works out for you, but I will say that putting these under my sub made one of the biggest improvements I've ever made to my system because they made the room considerably quieter.

Cheers! ;)

Thanks for your thoughts Stephen.

The Iso Puck 76 and Orea Bordeaux would be able to handle the weight without issues. Also looking at the Gaias. The decision will depend on being able to get a platform to accommodate them.

As for the A/V Room products, the plates are much more expensive than the EVPs.

Back