Am I Being Censored on Another Audio Forum Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point Nicoff on the ever changing technology. I've got fairly expensive Transparent component cables in a closet, pretty much obsolete. I use Tributaries for video now, not the most expensive but have shown to do a good job. At least I didn't have to rip the component cables out of the wall. :)

I personally don't consider Bluejeans "cheap". They perform beyond their price. Depending on length a set of RCA's may cost $40.00, a cheap set is below $10.00.

Good point Nicoff on the ever changing technology. I've got fairly expensive Transparent component cables in a closet, pretty much obsolete. I use Tributaries for video now, not the most expensive but have shown to do a good job. At least I didn't have to rip the component cables out of the wall. :)

I personally don't consider Bluejeans "cheap". They perform beyond their price. Depending on length a set of RCA's may cost $40.00, a cheap set is below $10.00.

As mentioned previously in another thread, I have over 15 years in this hobby and have spent well over a million on Audio gear... as soon as I raised concern with how Axiss Audio ships very expensive Accuphase products I was immediately banned. I just hope that the people posting on Aficionado are aware of whats going on there.

Masterlu sells Accuphase along with the nice juicy margins.

It’s not uncommon to be banned by audio sites for even honest and reasonable comments. I was recently banned by What’s Best Audio.

Why? Because I commented on the demo of the VAC - Von Scheweikert at Florida Expo that the equipment was impressive but the sound was inconsistent. A couple of posters, including a TAS reviewer, strongly disagreed with me. And within a day or two, I was banned.

Interesting that such a transparent but respectful comment would end up with a ban; specially in a site that is known for disrespectful and insulting arguments. I’m not sure if my comments are still there but I used to go by MJB.

different in germany, i used to post on "hifi-forum.de".
there you get shot if you post something sounds very good. a crowd of unexperienced frustrated members and also officials will tell you it is not possible. any kind of insult is allowed.

Maybe for you high rollers but you don't have to spend $1k to show an improvement over the cheap cables typically provided in the box. Some may only have $1k in their system. Many name brand cables have entry points at $100.00 give or take. I would hope for that $100.00 they would show an improvement over something like Monoprice.

Actually, a cheap cable is less than $1000. :)

Maybe for you high rollers but you don't have to spend $1k to show an improvement over the cheap cables typically provided in the box. Some may only have $1k in their system. Many name brand cables have entry points at $100.00 give or take. I would hope for that $100.00 they would show an improvement over something like Monoprice.

Actually, a cheap cable is less than $1000. :)

It’s definitely a balancing act. [emoji6]. But Audioshark was created because of a lack of tolerance. I think we have a great group of experienced guys (with actual systems) and we aren’t afraid to talk about Monoprice cheap cables either. Hey, I’ve bought some myself for my computer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike I think it's quite apparent of the amount of openness and freedom here on your site vs. 'the other'. I thank you for that !
I've had posts 'dissapear' as well over there.

IMO, 'Jdandy' was the Class act of that site !

Mike I think it's quite apparent of the amount of openness and freedom here on your site vs. 'the other'. I thank you for that !

You’re welcome. I agree on Dan. We talked regularly on the phone. He was always supportive. He was a great customer too!

You’re welcome. I agree on Dan. We talked regularly on the phone. He was always supportive. He was a great customer too!

I always run a 1.5" pvc pipe from the rack to the projector. That way I can pull any cable at any time. I dead end it in a ceiling joist bay and put a double cut in data ring in the ceiling. Try for only 1 x 90* turn. Also try to find, or make sweep 90*. The larger the arch the better.

It’s not uncommon to be banned by audio sites for even honest and reasonable comments. I was recently banned by What’s Best Audio.

Why? Because I commented on the demo of the VAC - Von Scheweikert at Florida Expo that the equipment was impressive but the sound was inconsistent. A couple of posters, including a TAS reviewer, strongly disagreed with me. And within a day or two, I was banned.

Interesting that such a transparent but respectful comment would end up with a ban; specially in a site that is known for disrespectful and insulting arguments. I’m not sure if my comments are still there but I used to go by MJB.

Mike-I'm blown away that you were banned by the World Boxing Federation. You are the mild-mannered reporter from the Daily Planet. There are people on that forum that deserved to be banned, but you certainly weren't among them. You just dared to speak the truth as you heard it.

Count me among the satisfied Monoprice HDMI users. I run 25’ from my pre/pro to my ceiling-mounted front projector. By the way, I use Wireworld for the shorter runs to components and I have found that as you move up the WW HDMI latter, there is very little picture quality improvement. I hear more improvement on the audio side. This tells me that for long runs to video displays that will not be outputting audio, going with lesser expensive quality is the way to go.

Count me among the satisfied Monoprice HDMI users. I run 25’ from my pre/pro to my ceiling-mounted front projector. By the way, I use Wireworld for the shorter runs to components and I have found that as you move up the WW HDMI ladder, there is very little picture quality improvement. I hear more improvement on the audio side. This tells me that for long runs to video displays that will not be outputting audio, going with lesser expensive quality is the way to go.

Thank you Bart & Mikado!

Just this morning, I read a message that the owner of the forum sent to me last night. The message confirms that my post was deleted because he does not want to see any reference to Monoprice or cheap cables...
QUOTE]

My hat's off to the owner for being straightforward and giving you the heads up. Others have commented on this thread about outright bans for similar comments on other forums. Made me wonder, could the owner on that site have such a positive opinion of you based upon other posts that he gave you the heads up rather than a ban?

My hat's off to the owner for being straightforward and giving you the heads up. Others have commented on this thread about outright bans for similar comments on other forums. Made me wonder, could the owner on that site have such a positive opinion of you based upon other posts that he gave you the heads up rather than a ban?

You might be probably correct. Let me say it one more time, I totally respect that it is somebody else's site; no hard feelings from me.

I wonder what the relationship of site usage to deleted post and banning of members is. Does it increase, decrease or have no impact on traffic.

When I first started posting, sites were full of Trolls. I don't see that so much anymore. Maybe that is good work by moderating. Maybe the Trolls just moved on.

Something I feel I notice is that no matter the site. Even boating forum I go too, there appears to be maybe 15 to 20 people who account for 70% of the post. Each site is kind of a good oll boys club. Audioshark seems to be one that is more broad in user posts.

Doesn't surprise me at all. In some instances, it can be hard for a forum owner to ascertain certain intent from a written post and they take the extreme position without really trying to see or clarify (e.g. via a PM) what was actually said. More often than that, sites are run by people many of whom are a bit drunk with their power. I've seen people banned for things that I have no idea what the owner or adminstrator was even reading and posted a personal public attack on the member. The funny thing is that in many of these instances if the member posted such an attack (and I should add that it would likely be in violation of the rules on many of these forums) on the owner for the same thing, the owner would deem such a person an A-Hole and would probably ban them. So I guess the moral is that if someone has power and is going to abuse it, I'd be happy to let them and move on where your opinions are more valued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back