Alpinist (Ken) - how is your new system?

Awesome Ken! I am really happy for you. Can't wait to here more but its cool if you do nothing but eat, sleep and Vandy for the next few days.

Thanks Paul! The Vandy 7 MkII just take my breath away. I had an ear to ear grin all evening while listening. Even my wife, who thinks I'm crazy for changing, said wow, they are amazing.

Best,
Ken

Hi Mike,

I'll take some pics as soon as the Raidho D3's aren't blocking the view...literally!

There is a certain rightness to voices and the timbres of instruments with the Vandy 7's that's hard to put into words.

Hope you're having fun at the Munich Show. My wife and I are talking about possibly going next year. She's an opera buff and the trip would be half high-end audio and half opera.

Best,
Ken

another soulution moment

I was listening to Kenny Barron (piano) and Dave Holland (bass), The Art of Conversation last night. The dual 12 inch powered subwoofers in each speaker deliver amazingly powerful, detailed and articulate bass. I'm sure the Soulution components upstream are playing a big part in that delivery. However, the bass is in no way overbearing and integrates beautifully. It builds a cohesive and seamless foundation for the midrange and treble.

Ken

How did I miss the big announcement ??

Ken, I'm so sorry to be late to the party, but CONGRATS on a world class set of speakers!! :congrats:

When we spoke a few months ago I had the feeling that this was where you'd land. I've demoed the 7's in Atlanta a few years ago, they sounded fantastic. I'm sure the latest version is off the charts.

Enjoy them in good health for many years!!!

Thanks Mark! I love the sound, size and looks of these speakers. They don't need to be in the near field listening position, so their optimal location gives me several feet of my room back. Right now, I just have some bamboo screening around the room that the dealer loaned me. The speakers sounds awesome and very smooth across the entire frequency range. I am planning to do additional room treatments though.

Best,
Ken

Vandersteen 7 MkII are in the house and set up!!!! :exciting::celebrate008_2::D

They are truly beautiful looking speakers in tungsten silver, which shows off their great lines.

I'm already impressed as heck with the ease of their sound.

Ken

Congrats Ken! These Vandies are wonderful speakers. Haven't heard the MKIIs - did like the original 7s.

Enjoy in good health!

Hi Le Roy,

Not too many hours today or overall yet. Many hours of break in still to go. I was busy most of the day. The Soulution 501 monoblocks are sounding excellent so far. The speakers are so transparent, you can really hear the amps, preamp and source, and the music of course. The Vandy 7 MkII's are a very clear window upstream. Similar to my Salon 2's but greater transparency, a bigger soundstage and greater ease. In addition, the midrange is more involving. It just draws you into the performance and doesn't let you go.

Best,
Ken

Ken. We won't believe you until you prove it with pic !!![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul,

When I get the chance, I'll slide the Raidho D3's out of the way and take one.

Ken

Oh man, the Vandy 7 MkII's just draw me in. Zero listening fatigue, I mean zero. Smoothest and least colored tweeter and midrange I've ever heard. They just strip away all the bad stuff and only the music remains. The bass is wonderful too, what a foundation they lay down. I'm having a lot of fun. :D

Ken

Congrats Ken! The sound will get even better as the speakers break in. Enjoy them in good health! :audiophile: I suppose you are still driving them with the Soulution 500's ?

Congrats Ken! The sound will get even better as the speakers break in. Enjoy them in good health! :audiophile: I suppose you are still driving them with the Soulution 500's ?

Thanks Charles! Yes, still driving with Esoteric K-01X, Soulution 520 Pre, 501 monoblocks and Kimber Select cabling. With the low sensitivity of the Vandy's, I was a little concerned that the 501's might not have enough power. However, it was no issue at all. The 501's don't even break a sweat!

Best,
Ken

I'm glad everything is sounding great Ken!!! It's cool when a plan comes together. I suspect you found your happy place.

I'm just happy my old vintage speakers are still sounding decent :cryforjoy:

I'm glad everything is sounding great Ken!!! It's cool when a plan comes together. I suspect you found your happy place.
I'm just happy my old vintage speakers are still sounding decent :cryforjoy:

Hi Mark,

You crack me up! The Salon 2's are anything but old or vintage. How about classic. The fact that Harman, with all the R&D they have to leverage, has not been able to materially improve on the Salon 2 design in 8 years speaks volumes about the quality of their engineering. Still one of the flattest frequency responses that Stereophile has ever measured, coupled with one of the best sounding beryllium tweeters on the market. All offered at a price that makes the other manufacturers blush.

Best,
Ken

I wish someone would buy Ken's Raidho's so we could see some pictures of his new Vandy's! :D

Congrats again Ken! What a beautiful system.

~Mike

I wish someone would buy Ken's Raidho's so we could see some pictures of his new Vandy's! :D

Congrats again Ken! What a beautiful system.

~Mike

Thanks Mike! Hopefully I'll be able to post some photos before too long.

Ken

Back