Who's watching The Masters 2015?

MusicDirector

I am. Cheering on my man Phil "The Thrill" Michelson. I was a bit worried at first, but look out, here we are third round and he has worked up to 3rd place.

~Eric

Update: Phil is now in 2nd place! yay!

I am. Cheering on my man Phil "The Thrill" Michelson. I was a bit worried at first, but look out, here we are third round and he has worked up to 3rd place.

~Eric

Update: Phil is now in 2nd place! yay!

We love Phil, but pulling for Jordan. Hook 'em!

Yay! Phil is in for tomorrow!
Yes, I like that new kid Jordan too. He is getting lucky and more importantly, he has a good attitude and respect for the game, so I'm sort of cheering for him a little as well. That's what I like about Phil too, that and he's crazy. Both good guys in my book.

Would have REALLY liked to see Phil and Jordan in the final pairing. Something about Rose has never sat right with me.

Now if Jordan can just keep it together for 18 more holes. It's going to be interesting with Phil, Rose and Hoffman in the chase. It only takes a boggy or two and this thing is up in the air. And it depends on the pin placements which on Sunday are usually tough

as a FYI here is todays pin placements thanks to my uncle who happens to be walking around the place ( lucky 20year badge holder).

attachment.php

Attachments

• CCY1v-mXIAIudBb.jpg
    CCY1v-mXIAIudBb.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 26
Well folks, Jordan Speith has won The Masters. Our man Phil "the thrill" came in third this time. At least we did get a couple of Phil "the thrill" moments like when he eagled out of the bunker on 15. Had he done the same at 16 the place would have exploded.
It was good to see Jordan win though. Young man with a good attitude and professionalism. Humble and respectful of the game and all of it. He is a credit to the game because of all that. (Unlike another golfer we know).
Ok, Phil at the US Open for a grand slam next.

Well folks, Jordan Speith has won The Masters. Our man Phil "the thrill" came in third this time. At least we did get a couple of Phil "the thrill" moments like when he eagled out of the bunker on 15. Had he done the same at 16 the place would have exploded.
It was good to see Jordan win though. Young man with a good attitude and professionalism. Humble and respectful of the game and all of it. He is a credit to the game because of all that. (Unlike another golfer we know).
Ok, Phil at the US Open for a grand slam next.

Phil tied for second, his 10th second place finish in a major.

Phil tied for second, his 10th second place finish in a major.

Oh? Something must have happened with Justin Rose then and my updates following the match were a bit delayed I guess.
That's even better than third place. Great job Phil and congrats to Jordan!

Man, this is real golf in my book! Anyone hear what Jordan Spieth and Phil Mickelson said about each other?
Both had nothing but praise for each other. Some of what was said: Jordan calls Phil a living legend. Phil says you can't teach what Jordan has and that he is a credit to the game. Phil even stated that he was secretly cheering for Jordan.
That there is two outstanding sportsmen and the true nature of golf in my opinion.

Man, this is real golf in my book! Anyone hear what Jordan Spieth and Phil Mickelson said about each other?
Both had nothing but praise for each other. Some of what was said: Jordan calls Phil a living legend. Phil says you can't teach what Jordan has and that he is a credit to the game. Phil even stated that he was secretly cheering for Jordan.
That there is two outstanding sportsmen and the true nature of golf in my opinion.

I agree Eric, the game of golf needs more people like that. Jordan Spieth is a breath of fresh air, such a fine young man.

I agree Eric, the game of golf needs more people like that. Jordan Spieth is a breath of fresh air, such a fine young man.

Indeed Mark!
I was thinking the same thing over the weekend on how Jordan is a breath of fresh air especially after the likes of Tiger setting the game back to the stone age with all his unsportsmanlike conduct and disrespect for the game in my opinion. I don't care how great a golfer you are skillswise if your attitude and conduct sucks. The masters was the first time I have watched a complete game in about 4 or 5 years. I was sick of Tiger making golf unenjoyable for me to watch even though I like to follow Phil.
It will be interesting to see how Jordan develops. I think he will be just fine and a credit. He has a ton of respect for the game in all aspects. He isn't playing to the crowd yet, but I can see he is trying to get that going. He'll do it, he was just really nervous inside. I saw him do one play where he missed a putt by a fraction and looked at the crowd and said "aw" with them. Sign of a great sportsman. I was overall impressed with his conduct, mature beyond his years.

When Tiger set the 18 under par record in 1997, the couse was 6,925 yards.

Jordan shot 18 under on a couse that's now 7,435 yards.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 18 Under.jpg
    18 Under.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 9
Back