Top 5 Monitors

jmusica

Would like to assemble a list of recommendations of what you all consider the top 2, 3, 5 monitor speakers.

Two parameters:

1- mortal budget. if it's over 15k used/20k-ish new, let's leave it off the list. well, maybe I guess mention it but it's not gonna make my short list, at least

2- high WAF. needs to be modern and fit a stylish home décor; ie. a large wood box won't cut it, doesn't matter if it sounds like Diana Krall is sitting on my lap and singing in my ear.

I currently use Amphion Argon 3s and consider them excellent. However I've been told, and sort of intuit, there are better to be had to get more out of the rest of my equipment. Maybe they'd make the list, maybe not; I don't have enough frame of reference. And sure I'd love to go with another full range - I loved my Aerials - but it's not an option right now.

Some I've read about: Raidho c1.1, Magico q1

What else ya got?

Magico Q1
Harbeth 30.2/SHL5+/40.2
KEF REF1
Sonus Faber Guanarri Tradition
Focal Sopra 1
Triangle Duetto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vivid V1.5 SE
Wilson Benesch Vertex
Monitor Audio Platinum PL100II
Joseph Audio Pulsar
TAD Micro Evolution One
KEF Reference 1
Dali Epicon 2
Focal Sopra 1
Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition
Magico S1 Mk2 (small 2 way floorstander, doesn't have a bigger footprint than a monitor + stand)

Evolution Acoustics Mirco One
Kef Ref 1 ( which replaced my Kef 201/2's)
Harbeth 30.1
Vapor Audio Arcus
Kii AudioThree

Others I like:
jmr offrande supreme v2 ( no longer made, I use to own these))
Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento
Salk Silk
Vapor Breeze custome upgrades. Which replaced my LS50 & Harbeth P3esr
Joseph Audio Pulsar

These are the ones I've actually heard

I have a pair of excellent condition Magico Mini 2s for sale. After six years, I replaced them with a pair of Magico Q3s. Please PM me if interested.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_1519.jpg
    DSC_1519.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 373
The Evolution MmmicroOnes are stellar, but I don't think they hold a light to some of the more expensive speakers. As far as sound and aesthetics, I don't know that the Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole can be beat. My humble opinion of course. The first is the current design with aluminum bezels on the speaker and stands. The second is an older model with different materials and slightly different construction. The design is the same though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fiesole.JPG
    Fiesole.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 364
  • rosso_fiorentino_fiesole_1.jpg
    rosso_fiorentino_fiesole_1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 362
Another vote for Focal Sopra 1. I own them and they are wonderful and have a high WAF. Sold my Wilson Sophia 2s after I got the Sopras. Much happier

Wow, what a list. This thread is killing me. I sort of regret starting it! :)

I have been working on a similar list with pretty much same specs.

So far on top:
- Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition
- TAD ME1
- Gauder Akustik Berlina RC3 (Diamond tweeter)

A new black horse joined the list last week: ELAC Adante AS-61. They’re much more affordable than anything else on the list, and I have not been able to verify yet whether they are as good as people say.

Just to add a fifth, should Magico introduce an A1 standmount (starting unsubstantiated rumors here [emoji15]), that’s probably what would end up in my summerhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are great lists and helpful to me as well as I am thinking about buying standmounts for my other residence. The Dynaudio Contour 20s are on my list as well - superb value for money.

If Magico do an A1 standmount I would certainly add that to my list as well!!

Dynaudio C1 in lacquer finish (gloss white or black)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back