Tidal and MQA

Seems Tidal set a date of 7/24 to have all MQA tracks gone. I'm confused though as new albums show up every week in MQA. Then Linbrook is teaming with HD Tracks to create a new streaming service that will have MQA. That seems to be a fools errand. Who wants MQA so bad to jump to a new streaming service? Maybe Bluesound users. I suppose it depends on what the new service looks like and cost. Then how fast will the new service show on other aps like Aurender or Lumin if at all.
Tidal to drop last remaining MQA tracks | TechHive

Hope this isn't redundant Mike, my screen reader didn't pick up any text on your post.

Maybe it’s unnecessary. MQA was about preserving sound quality in a smaller format. I’m assuming we all have uber fast internet, so I doubt I will notice a larger file size coming through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On another forum a member is using a streamer that I'm going to have to go back and find the name of. He and another member using the same unit/os-whatever are still seeing 24/96 and 24/192 on the albums I no longer see in mqa on my roon.

That's why I am confused, Aurender using Conductor v3 is still showing MQA 96k albums with new releases showing that way every week. Maybe it's just business as usual until someone hits a button. My DAC has the MQA decoding so that could have something to do with it as well. I suppose I will get my answer down the road.

On another forum a member is using a streamer that I'm going to have to go back and find the name of. He and another member using the same unit/os-whatever are still seeing 24/96 and 24/192 on the albums I no longer see in mqa on my roon.

You and those who liked your post show your ignorance and if you would have read the link I posted you'd know. In fact, I believe I even mentioned it in my prior post.

I've been a HD Tracks users ever since it started. And one caveat to this possible partnership for HD Tracks handling MQA, is this " Albums based on either DSD, MQA or Surround will be downloadable only in their original format." . So if a MQA album came from a CD I guess per HD Tracks, this MQA file will be in not MQA but CD Quality for download..

" Lenbrook (owner of PSB, NAD, Bluesound and, since September, MQA) announced it was joining forces with HDTracks to launch a new MQA-powered hi-res service to rival Tidal, Qobuz, Apple Music and Amazon Music. So MQA streaming does live on..."

I think the quicker this service can get into place the better the chances. Hopefully there will be enough fans to give it a go.

Tidal also dropped 360 Reality, Sony sure seems to be hit and miss with the formats they have. I think Apple will keep it alive though, at least from the impression I get from Apple maniac friends, LOL

In a minute.

I’m hoping the format isn’t dead. MQA managed to work wonders with the soundstage on much of the hi rez stuff. It was easier to describe when I could compare back to back and there was enough mqa that I couldn’t tell from flac that I understand why there’s doubt. There’s a half a dozen mqa recordings I’d purchase right now if HRA was available here

Back