The Two Most Important Subwoofer Launches of 2013

No sweat Joe; it's been around for at least 4 hours now.
{I guess most people missed it because they were too busy talking about marijuana. ;) }

* Isn't it somethin'! ...Magico subs for $22,000 and $36,000!

P.S. You did get that spammer too earlier today. :D

I actually saw that earlier but was on the phone talking with several nice sharks.

I think Mike got him or her.

Curse you, Magico! Just when I am content I now find myself trying to rationalize $40K for the Q3. Curse you. :panic:

I wonder how it compares with the Krell Master Ref Sub...also fully enclosed in heavy aluminium. Weighs 400lbs with 2 15" cones and, of course, Krell amplification. Krell Master Refernce Subwoofer Demo - Subwoofers by Spearit Sound Retails for $50K...now 'only' $34K at Spearit Sound. NO relationship...just yahoo'd the MR Sub and found it. Though I do think the guys at Spearit are great.

I still like REL subs for music. Not sure I could spend $36,000 on a sub. The JL Audio subs I'm sure are pretty sweet too.

The best sub I ever owned? My little Sunfire. Very musical, integrated perfectly with my Maggies, perfect size (footprint) and sounded terrific. My big REL's that I've owned were a close second.

Still to this day, my Maggie 1.6/Sunfire subs was one of my favorite speaker setups. The only issue was that it didn't play loud (but still needed a lot of SS power) and the sweet spot was the size of a pea. But when it was right, it was sooooo right!

When they released the Paradigm Reference Signature SUB 2 Subwoofer for $9,000 and I read few reviews of it, I thought that this was a pretty good sub for so little money. And now we're talking $22,000 (Magico QSub-15), $28,000 (Krell Master Reference Sub), $36,000 (Magico QSub-18), $50,000 (Spearit Sound), ... how much is a pair of Wilson Thor subwoofers? ...
I Just can't wait for a $500,000 Sub! ...For a pair that would be .... :)

2-4 high quality subs placed carefully in the room will have better bass response than a single $10,000+ sub. The easiest way to do it is with a sub flanking each side of you couch or listening chair, an Omnimic or SPL meter, and Room EQ Wizard(SPL meter) or Omnimic software.

I believe Thors are $22,000ish each passive plus a crossover at $4,500 plus an amp $$$$

So - A BUNCH!!!!!! Plus or minus.

When they released the Paradigm Reference Signature SUB 2 Subwoofer for $9,000 and I read few reviews of it, I thought that this was a pretty good sub for so little money. And now we're talking $22,000 (Magico QSub-15), $28,000 (Krell Master Reference Sub), $36,000 (Magico QSub-18), $50,000 (Spearit Sound), ... how much is a pair of Wilson Thor subwoofers? ...
I Just can't wait for a $500,000 Sub! ...For a pair that would be .... :)

Agreed

If I didn't have the Wilson Watch Dogs I would have RELs. I've just haven't had good luck on getting the JLs to integrate in a music only system. I know a bunch of people that swear by them tho.

Back