Talk me out of a devialet 200....

jaxwired

I'm about to pull the trigger on one. Anybody think it's a bad idea?

No, I've thought about it many times. I'd love your feedback and I'm still thinking about one.

Tom I think you should get it and give feedback how it sounds. I'm also kind of considering one too. The Octave V110 makes my A/C go on more when it's playing music. The Octave is great in the winter but I've been considering SS for the summer months. Like the Nike slogan -- Just do it :D

Jax - I've had the 200 and 800 in for review/demo. If you have relatively efficient speakers with easy ohm loads and you are willing to live within the Devialet ecosystem, then the 200 is great. BUT - don't think about using the analog inputs on the Devialet - they suck.....with the exception of the phono input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the 800 for demo and it's excellent. Feed it a digital signal and it will sound like hundred thousand dollars separate. Not quite strong enough to drive Raidho at extreme volumes but is plenty capable of playing in the mid 90s for sure. I have on the small one all the way up to the big one and they all pretty much sound identical. Devialet also stays on top of things with constant improvements with firmware update. It does not sound like an integrated to me. The flexibility of the unit is incredible. Probably the best sounding integrated and I have ever heard. It's extremely quiet and dynamic. But I am waiting on the musical Fidelity nuVista 800 before I make that call. For a one box solution I cannot think of anything that would compare to it.

Jax - I've had the 200 and 800 in for review/demo. If you have relatively efficient speakers with easy ohm loads and you are willing to live within the Devialet ecosystem, then the 200 is great. BUT - don't think about using the analog inputs on the Devialet - they suck.....with the exception of the phono input.

Thanks.

And I'm an all digital guy.

my speakers are 8ohms at 88db.

Do any of your kids need money for college? :-)

Larry

Nope. All paid up....Florida College Savings Plan + Florida College Investment Plan.

I drive a crappy car if it makes you feel better. :)

I think it's a good idea, I have one on order.

Have you read the SoundStage article "Changing of the High-End Guard?"

Vote for your speakers on Devialet website. Devialet will make them SAM-Ready when they receive 100 votes.

I'm interested in hearing the Devialet make real music, I have to believe so many people cant be wrong. unfortunately, the two systems I heard at the same show using devialet were uninspiring. the sound being flat and one dimensional, in short, amusical. One was using the d-premier driving focal utopia scalas and the other the Martin Logan Montis. Jax, whatever you do try before you buy, YMMV.

Thanks everyone. My fever broke. Holding off for just a bit. Still might do it, just going to mull it over a little more first. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone. My fever broke. Holding off for just a bit. Still might do it, just going to mull it over a little more first. Thanks again.
lmao!!! i get the same way when i want something. but for the record this is not the place to get talked out of buying something.lol. its the opposite. good luck let us know how it works out!!

I'm interested in hearing the Devialet make real music, I have to believe so many people cant be wrong. unfortunately, the two systems I heard at the same show using devialet were uninspiring. the sound being flat and one dimensional, in short, amusical. One was using the d-premier driving focal utopia scalas and the other the Martin Logan Montis. Jax, whatever you do try before you buy, YMMV.

Heard the same demos and had the same conclusion. The antithesis of live music.

Back