Summer is almost over and now its time to think about our beloved Shindo again.

KenSea

Yes and in doing so does anyone have any plans for upgrades, sideways or downgrades? I have about three more weeks till my VosneeRomanee arrives, starting to get a little excited. Hopefully Matt is listen........

Congratulations on the new piece. The Shindo gear looks awesome. Can't wait for your thoughts.

Congrats Ken. Look forward to your impressions of the VR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I may order a couple of Mr. T's for an upgrade. Tried one a few weeks ago on my Vosne Romanee preamp and the difference in sound quality was noticeable. Not night and day difference but definitely better. Two of them should cover my amp's, preamp and turntable.

Congrat's on the VR purchase Ken. You will love it! What are you using now?

Guys - not trying to open a can of worms....but do you think a pair of CCQ's would be a good fit for my Sonus Faber Stradivari's (4ohm/92db)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With what little I know I would say 4ohm = no.

Ok, thanks. That was my gut feeling too.

Now...(again, not trying to open a can of worms)....but if not Shindo, then what have the Shindo folks heard that sounds similar to Shindo? Jadis perhaps?

Guys - not trying to open a can of worms....but do you think a pair of CCQ's would be a good fit for my Sonus Faber Stradivari's (4ohm/92db)?

No, not a good fit. 92db not a huge problem for CCQ's but they are designed for 8ohm minimum and a fairly flat impedance curve. Think Devore Silverback type of speaker as a just one example.

Now...(again, not trying to open a can of worms)....but if not Shindo, then what have the Shindo folks heard that sounds similar to Shindo? Jadis perhaps?

I don't think Jadis sounds like Shindo. I had a Jadis el34 integrated years back that was great - absolutely beautiful sound. Properly executed Shindo gives you some of that, but - contrary to uniformed reports - is neither dark nor romantic. It is extremely dynamic and musically detailed (I think I might have just made that phrase up...but my gm70 are like a great 45 with no practical limits.)

I'm going to get a TSD15 in an A shell because I'm tired of flipping tonearms from G's to A's.
va6emuhe.jpg

Mike. If you want to have the shindo gears. I would say go for it!!. do not wasting your time to find the shindo wanna be's coz its still never going to be shindo.

I wouldn't careless what people say. Just follow your gut. It's your system and you are the one who is going to listen 99% of time. I seen people using on 85 db with 6 ohms with great result.

If you want it just go for it. I wouldn't listen to any ones opinion. Coz they never will be with you in your room but you are.

Plus following by the book is boring :)

I would would love to hear Leben separates. Maybe they would work with your SF. Their new CS100P power amp puts out 100 W. and has adjustable output impedance 4/6/8/16 ohms. Can't find much info online about them.
But I absolutely love my little Leben CS300XS integrated.

I would would love to hear Leben separates. Maybe they would work with your SF. Their new CS100P power amp puts out 100 W. and has adjustable output impedance 4/6/8/16 ohms. Can't find much info online about them.

Yes, I would love to look into those.

I understand that. I would be surprised if he doesn't have something in his "lineup" that wouldn't fit your needs. Have you tried the LM with the Strad's yet?.

I understand that. I would be surprised if he doesn't have something in his "lineup" that wouldn't fit your needs. Have you tried the LM with the Strad's yet?.

Not yet...the thought of carrying that massive beast upstairs isn't too appealing.

Dale,
When I was down at Arizonia Hifi I listen to the Leben CS660 but I bought the Cortese. Frankly with the Proac speaker I had at that time I would have been better off with the CS660. The thing with Leben is he's not building amps to work with a hand full of speakers that all cost way to much. Don't get me wrong I love shindo but it's put a major dent in my savings account. I need to start a chapter of SA. Hi my name is bob and it been since last Tuesday since I ordered any shindo...... Hi bob

Dale,
When I was down at Arizonia Hifi I listen to the Leben CS660 but I bought the Cortese. Frankly with the Proac speaker I had at that time I would have been better off with the CS660. The thing with Leben is he's not building amps to work with a hand full of speakers that all cost way to much. Don't get me wrong I love shindo but it's put a major dent in my savings account. I need to start a chapter of SA. Hi my name is bob and it been since last Tuesday since I ordered any shindo...... Hi bob

When I bought my Cortese I discussed with Matt about doing Leben separates instead of Shindo. He steered me back on the Shindo path, but I think some day I will try Leben. It is beautiful equipment.

Back