Stackable vs. Non-Stackable Racks

Audiophilehi

Any differences between the two in sound quality? Which one do you prefer and why?

dqE30vbm.jpg

GpdMNjOm.png

I think if you have separation with either internal damping or separation via a mechanical system like the Artesania, you will separate resonances from other devices.

A wood rack can resonate and either add a pleasing resonance or not depending on the system and listener.

I personally like internal damping like Critical Mass racks and filters (platform where the gear sits). The Artesania system is wonderful if you’re an end user. If you’re a dealer and constantly moving gear around (almost daily), adjust the height, width of the pods and shelf can be a bit of a pain. But for an end user, no problem.

I think if you have separation with either internal damping or separation via a mechanical system like the Artesania, you will separate resonances from other devices.

A wood rack can resonate and either add a pleasing resonance or not depending on the system and listener.

I personally like internal damping like Critical Mass racks and filters (platform where the gear sits). The Artesania system is wonderful if you’re an end user. If you’re a dealer and constantly moving gear around (almost daily), adjust the height, width of the pods and shelf can be a bit of a pain. But for an end user, no problem.

Thanks Mike, very much appreciated! I love both racks that you mentioned above but unfortunately they are both above my budget. :(

Thanks Mike, very much appreciated! I love both racks that you mentioned above but unfortunately they are both above my budget. :(

Check out the Quadrasphire. That’s what I use at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My experience says don't put a turntable on a stackable rack - it sacrifices rigidity where it's needed most. But then stackables are typically cheaper, and I went from a Lovan stackable to a CMS Maxxum - night and day difference, in price and results!!

My experience says don't put a turntable on a stackable rack - it sacrifices rigidity where it's needed most. But then stackables are typically cheaper, and I went from a Lovan stackable to a CMS Maxxum - night and day difference, in price and results!!

The CMS Maxxum would be my dream rack but way out of my budget. I'm leaning towards the non-stackable racks for the reason you indicated above. My search continues. I have about 3 months to decide as that is when my room should be completed....thanks

Back