Sleep is your superpower

• Thread starter Thread starter mauidan
  • Start date Start date
M

mauidan

Sleep is superpower but don't have too much sleep, it would be not good for your health. For an adult 6-8 hours sleep is more than good enough.

Just don’t fall asleep listening to records [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello everyone,

I've been pondering a lot about sleep lately and how crucial it is for our well-being. It's fascinating to think that something as simple as a good night's sleep can be so powerful. In today's fast-paced world, sleep often takes a back seat, but it's truly our superpower.

Did you know that adequate sleep can enhance memory, increase creativity, and even boost your immune system? It's amazing how many aspects of our lives are impacted by the quality of sleep we get. Yet, many of us struggle to find that peaceful slumber.

I've been exploring various methods to improve sleep quality, and one interesting find is the use of weighted blankets. They've gained popularity for their ability to provide a calming effect, which can significantly enhance sleep quality. The concept is rooted in deep pressure stimulation, which promotes relaxation and helps in reducing anxiety.

For those interested in learning more about weighted blankets and how they might improve your sleep experience, I've compiled some information and personal insights on my website. Feel free to check it out at Home - Weighted Blanket I believe in embracing all tools at our disposal to improve our sleep, and weighted blankets could be a game changer for many.

Let's start a discussion! How do you ensure a good night's sleep? Have you ever tried a weighted blanket? I'm eager to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Sweet dreams!

Yep sleep is a superpower until you start getting older and age and its health impacts come a calling. Then sleep well is interrupted as "pee breaks" occur. Its called, Nocturia is a condition that causes you to wake up during the night to pee. This condition is also called nocturnal urinary frequency — having to pee more often at night. Nocturia becomes more common as people age (usually older than 60) and occurs in all genders and sexes, sometimes for different reasons. Be careful of how much you drink before bedtime and the medications that can impact this. As they say, 'Fix one thing cause another.'

Yep sleep is a superpower until you start getting older and age and its health impacts come a calling. Then sleep well is interrupted as "pee breaks" occur. Its called, Nocturia is a condition that causes you to wake up during the night to pee. This condition is also called nocturnal urinary frequency — having to pee more often at night. Nocturia becomes more common as people age (usually older than 60) and occurs in all genders and sexes, sometimes for different reasons. Be careful of how much you drink before bedtime and the medications that can impact this. As they say, 'Fix one thing cause another.'

Chris, interesting you bring this up since you and I are the same age. 2 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I've been on a CPAP ever since, love it ! Get the best REM sleep ever and guess what........ I no longer have to get up in the middle of the night to piss !!!

I typically hit the rack around 11-1130 every night, up at 0630 ready to take on the world ! Well, as much as any 70 year old would anyways ! LOL !

Chris, interesting you bring this up since you and I are the same age. 2 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I've been on a CPAP ever since, love it ! Get the best REM sleep ever and guess what........ I no longer have to get up in the middle of the night to piss !!!

I typically hit the rack around 11-1130 every night, up at 0630 ready to take on the world ! Well, as much as any 70 year old would anyways ! LOL !

Very true. Have you seen the newest FDA CPAP alternative, its an implant. Interesting what the med world has come up with, but its a 90 min out patient surgical . procedure.

Very true. Have you seen the newest FDA CPAP alternative, its an implant. Interesting what the med world has come up with, but its a 90 min out patient surgical . procedure.

I have, but not sure if Medicare would cover it ?

I have, but not sure if Medicare would cover it ?

Does Medicare pay for sleep apnea implants?

According to both the Inspire website and Medicare.gov, the Inspire implant is covered by Medicare for those who meet specific criteria. The Inspire® II Upper Airway Stimulator, commonly called the Inspire implant for sleep apnea is a hypoglossal nerve stimulation (HNS) device. Oct 18, 2023

BUT !

" The Inspire sleep apnea implant costs about $30,000–$40,000 for the device and surgery, keeping in mind, doctors may charge different amounts for surgical procedures. This price does not include any potential insurance coverage percentage . Dec 4, 2023 "

kinda funny to be on a forum so many would say supports a frivolous hobby yet fuss over having to pay for a sleep apnea machine. I can relate and probably is why I get a chuckle from it.

kinda funny to be on a forum so many would say supports a frivolous hobby yet fuss over having to pay for a sleep apnea machine. I can relate and probably is why I get a chuckle from it.

Well its really not a machine, its a implant. ;) The device gets implanted along the right side of the neck and chest wall during a two- or three-hour long procedure under general anesthesia. Cost over $30k

Oh PS: that's why a post like this is in the OFF-TOPIC area so its away from this frivolous hobby of ours. :D

it's not the machine that got me, heck it's only a couple grand and Medicare paid for it. Rather it's that damn audiophile grade power cord I had to have for it ! :yahoo1:

Back