Rokit 8 powered Subwoofer to Denon surround sound receiver subwoofer Pre-out

Dgriff7070

I have a powered Rokit speaker with only 1 unbalanced rca input. The only other connections on the subwoofer are single inputs for an xlr cable and a trs jack.. On my Denon surround sound I have one input jack for the subwoofer pre-out. When I connect the single rca straight from the receiver to the subwoofer, I get a straight solid bass tone that can't be controlled. I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong, im not sure if a Y Jack would or would not do the trick.. If there is anyone out there that can lend a quick hand I would greatly appreciate it!!

Welcome to the forum.

Your Denon should only have a single RCA, and you said the sub only has a single RCA, correct? If so, a Y adapter wouldn't help. Is there a switch that needs to be selected to tell the speaker which input is being used? Whether XLR or RCA.

Also, you say "powered speaker" opposed to "subwoofer", are you trying to use a powered speaker for a sub? With crossover in the path that should probably work, but again, could be the issue.

Strange issue, there shouldn't be a constant signal from the Denon, bass would only be when in the music or movie played.

You might try a different cable if you haven't already, sometimes a bad cable can cause a constant noise. I see this a lot when an end on a guitar cable needs fixed.

Thanks for the reply! Yes I'm trying to use the powered speaker as the subwoofer. And I ended up swapping the cables out for new ones. And it worked!!!! Thanks man! I appreciate it.

Back