Record and Turntables ...

Calvin

Banned
Absolutely Amazing - Records and Turntables ...

Look at these pics. It’s easier now - at least for me - to imagine the incredible technology that goes into not only the TTs, but the records as well.

EA389448-9409-494D-A4A2-E92542D33DEC.jpeg

Re: Absolutely Amazing - Records and Turntables ...

Look at these pics. It’s easier now - at least for me - to imagine the incredible technology that goes into not only the TTs, but the records as well.

The technology is at least 100 years old. While ‘incredible’ then, now it is obsolete. :)

Even though I am and have been a proponent of digital I have recently rediscovered vinyl. Even though it is not as convenient vinyl is anything but obsolete. :) There is just something about it that just sounds so natural. I love both digital and vinyl.

Those pictures are great by the way!

TTs are making a comeback. New tone arms, carts and TTs are being developed for playback. So I can't call this tech obsolete now. If anything it is being reworked and revitalized. And streaming will NEVER measure up to a TT.

The pics also reveal why controlling vibration is so very important in a TT as well. And advancements are being made in this area too.

I find it all pretty amazing to say the very least.

Re: Absolutely Amazing - Records and Turntables ...

The technology is at least 100 years old. While ‘incredible’ then, now it is obsolete. :)

otoh, sometimes mankind gets it right the first time -- same with vacuum tubes !!!

;):D

Back