Q Sound

UltraFast69

Q Sound has been talked about before, and a few artists have recorded using this 90’s technology. Notably Sting, Roger Waters and Madonna come to mind.

The surround affect uses phase to trick the mind.

When the sound is coming from left and right side between me and the sound stage and I sit forward the sound shifts from 30 degrees to 45 degrees - and it makes it cooler.

I’m just curious if anyone has experienced this or where they hear the phase difference at.

It could be the recording, the equipment, room or even speaker placement, just curious.

My room is tuned, and my speaker placement is line revealing solid placement but I must admit listening to Madonnas Vogue is awesome when sitting up the few inches to snap in at 45 degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

When I first heard it on a Roger Waters CD there was a dog barking in the background on a track. And I kept looking out my window to see the dog. That stuff will mess with your head.:)

I agree with you regarding Madonna's Vogue. It is a tune I don't particularly care for but the effects with Q Sound are impressive.

Back