Pink Floyd in High Resolution

Randy Myers

HD Tracks just released much of the Pink Floyd cataloged in high resolution releases. Many up to 192khz!

"As part of a monumental audiophile release, Pink Floyd is releasing 20 studio albums, compilations, and live concerts - all in remastered 24-bit studio master quality Hi-Res.

THIS JUST IN...

20 NEW HI-RES PINK FLOYD RELEASES

Get 20% off with code FLOYDHIRES20"

I have SACD versions of Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here (and rips of each on my server), but I have never seen any of the other actual albums released in high-res!

Tempting. I bought, and rebought, DSOTM when it was released, and constantly listened to it for 10-15 years, along with their other albums.

Yea, they are definitely a go to for me. I purchased four of these (so far).... Don't need the two I have in SACD... still considering The Wall because the CD rip is the only digital version I have (I have vinyl of many also).... Animals is sounding pretty darn good from my portable here at work :).

Awesome! Would love to see AP take the original tape and make their incredible 45 RPM versions of this album!

I have the SACD disks from a little bit ago and the 2016 remaster vinyl which is superb!

I broke down and purchased The Wall in the high res also (listening to it on the A&K now... seems very good to me)... Been waiting for true high res versions of many of these albums for a long while....

I bought the DTOSM and WYWH SACDs so I could get the multichannel versions. I haven't compared the stereo versions yet with my 1/2" tape safety masters of the two albums. Those date from the 1980's when they were used for creating vinyl or CD masters.

Larry

Are they providing details on the specific mastering of these albums? I think that is more important than the bit depth/resolution.

I don't disagree, however they only state remastered but not specifics. I can say that from owning several versions of many of these: CD, vinyl, remastered vinyl, etc., that these are very good in my view.

Randy-

Thanks for this post. It inspired a search that lead me to the Pink Floyd site. I ordered the re-mix of Momentary Lapse of Reason to be shipped next week. Like was mentioned, re-mix/mastering is more important than bit depth/resolution. Looking forward to this CD arriving.

John

The high res PF is also on the streaming services now. I listned to a trac from Wish You Were Here, it didn't strike me as being a stand out. In time I'll compare to my CD rips.

Awesome... more people enjoying Pink Floyd is always a good thing :).

Amen to that. Although I find that me, my close friends and family are divided on this question: which is better - Wish You Were Here or Brothers in Arms. Love asking everyone this question.

The high res PF is also on the streaming services now. I listned to a trac from Wish You Were Here, it didn't strike me as being a stand out. In time I'll compare to my CD rips.

I did not get the Wish You Were Here since I have the SACD and already have a DSD64 version from it. I assume that they were not streaming the 192 version of Wish You Were here... but I would doubt the CD would be as good.

I do know that the 192 versions of the ones I got sound much better than the CD (and CD rips).

Amen to that. Although I find that me, my close friends and family are divided on this question: which is better - Wish You Were Here or Brothers in Arms. Love asking everyone this question.

I love Dire Straits... but if I had to choose only one it would have to be Pink Floyd :).

Me too. But for me, Brothers in Arms beats all of it. Just a personal preference.

:D... Brothers In Arms is my second favorite Dire Straits album, sorry, but I love the original Dire Straits album. I have the 45 RPM versions of the original five... great stuff!

Love that also. Am partial to Brothers in Arms as that was my first ever album. Cassette (is that even a word!) on a crappy tapedeck (does that word exist?).

really love my 1/4", 15ips master dub of "Wish You Were Here". helps it's an analog recording, 'Brother's in Arms' is a favorite too, but it's digital DNA does make a difference.

Hehe... trying to remember.... I think my first albums were Steppenwolf and Alice Cooper on an 8-Track :D....

Back